Maia better win that fight against Colby

gotBooched

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dude turns 40 in a couple weeks. I think Maia is a great story and 6-1 over his past 7 but his biggest challenge at 170 is an upcoming bout with father time. He's been competing almost 17 years and has 32 pro fights. His body has to be broken at this point and having just lost the title fight, he better win this fucking fight against Covington or we are going to see another legend fade into mediocrity.

he had his shot at the belt and didnt do jack shit. whether he wins or not he wont sniff a title shot after that performance.

and i think covington will beat him

If Maia subs him, I will be going ape-shit, screaming at my TV.

Time isn't on his side. But still has the best BJJ in the biz and hasn't really taken much damage. Just hoping he pulls off some crazy grappling Saturday.

Colby is legit.

This fight could be ugly though.

Time isn't on his side. But still has the best BJJ in the biz and hasn't really taken much damage. Just hoping he pulls off some crazy grappling Saturday.
Exactly, and most importantly, his style doesn´t depend heavily on reflexes, like Silva's style for example...... and he´s not the high volume pressure type of fighter, so cardio will hardly be a problem for him.

he had his shot at the belt and didnt do jack shit. whether he wins or not he wont sniff a title shot after that performance.

2 shots at a belt. And both of them sucked ass so hard that they're in the worst 5 title fights I can remember.
No idea who Covington is and I can't remember any of his fights either, but either way, there's no way the UFC lets Maia anywhere near a belt again.

I usually don't root for the human backpack, but Colby is his most obnoxious opponent yet. That says a lot considering he just lost to Woodley. Let's hope Maia takes home an arm or a neck.

Woodley-Maia won't happen again, i have no doubt about this, but Maia could easily beat Colby and then the winner of Thompson-Masvidal and if RDA beats T Wood, then he could get another shot.. It's possible.

Too bad Maia is not as good off of his back. Im hoping he beats Colby though.

When is this fight?? I'm looking forward to Maia juicing this guys head!!

Colby is no joke and Maia became kind of demystified in his last bout.

He has nothing to prove.

Colby gon punish him worse than Woodley did.

Cheering for him. Covington seems like a huge dick, although I know he's probably just playing a character to build interest.

He had his title shots and went on a few runs that most guys can't even dream of. One of the best BJJ representatives ever. Not a huge deal if he falls off here. I'd like to see him get out without taking much damage but other than that, it wouldn't be a big deal for him to lose this kind of fight at this stage in his career. Covington is a beast and willing to play the game. I'd like to see him get some high profile fights.

Back