Magid Hage style Baseball Choke

Yeh you give up position, but if they tap, who cares?? Magid Hage has hit this sacrifice choke a number of times in black belt competition. Check it out!

Yeh you give up position, but if they tap, who cares?? Magid Hage has hit this sacrifice choke a number of times in black belt competition. Check it out!

Hit it is an understatement. He's knocked some people out cold, including Clark Gracie.

I remember I would get caught in this a lot the first time I was introduced.

Hit it is an understatement. He's knocked some people out cold, including Clark Gracie.

I remember I would get caught in this a lot the first time I was introduced.

i actually didnt know he'd put clark out with it, i'll have to check that out!

one of my training partners is a master at this. and i still get hit with it.

BTW - you're gonna get armbarred a few times when trying to get this (do it during live rolling).

BTW - you're gonna get armbarred a few times when trying to get this (do it during live rolling).

It's a tricky balance. When I was new to it the armbar was bait and I'd get choked out. Now, on less skilled players, I start salivating bc it's a guaranteed armbar if you can outposition them just enough.

i actually didnt know he'd put clark out with it, i'll have to check that out!

It was unbelieavable. He choked out another high level guy too - forgot his name though.

I don't know that Hage's career ever hit that peak again but he'll always have that on his resume.

Think it was steve maxwell's son -- Zach I think it was.

Maxwell was another guy who I thought would tear it up at comps - he was so young when he started making his bones. I know he teaches now in Philly. Anyone know what happened to him?

the key is not have your arms extended. This has been one of my favorite chokes since I started training. My coach worked directly with me a lot once he saw how much I liked it and hit it, and that was the first thing he really instilled in me about it.

the key is not have your arms extended. This has been one of my favorite chokes since I started training. My coach worked directly with me a lot once he saw how much I liked it and hit it, and that was the first thing he really instilled in me about it.
And the grips - if they're too low you'll just squeeze and burn your arms out -- it will be tight but an experienced guy can ride it out.

Maxwell was another guy who I thought would tear it up at comps - he was so young when he started making his bones. I know he teaches now in Philly. Anyone know what happened to him?
He probably stayed clean.

definitely!

Back