Madrid finally bans El Manspreading on buses after petition of women’s rights collective [progress]

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
That annoying habit some men have of spreading their legs on buses and trains, encroaching on seats next to them, has become so universal that one word crosses language barriers to describe it.
Now, commuters in Madrid are the latest global denizens to fight “El Manspreading,” that scourge of crowded buses and trains.

This month, public transportation officials in the Spanish capital are telling passengers to, literally, keep their knees together instead of letting them drift apart. In doing so, they joining cities from New York to Seattle, and countries from Japan to Australia, in trying to battle the impulse that, let’s face it, mostly men have perpetuated.

The new campaign in Madrid employs an image of a little red figure with legs splayed, taking up two seats, with a slash mark across it, the universal symbol for “don’t do this.”

The campaign was inspired by an online petition promoted by a women’s rights collective, Microrrelatos Feministas, that had garnered more than 13,000 signatures as of Monday.

“It is not difficult to spot women with their legs closed and very uncomfortable because there is a man next to her who is invading her space,” it said. “It is not a question of bad education, but just as women have been taught to sit with our legs close together (as if we had to hold something between our knees) men have conveyed hierarchy and territoriality, as if the space belonged to them.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/world/europe/manspreading-madrid.html [FAILING NEW YORK TIMES]

Would you support a nationwide ban of Manspreading in the United States?

So when did Spaniards become total cucks ?

Females should spread to, show men how its done.

Well I think taking more space than necessary on public transit is dickish.

It really is government and media policy to hate people with balls.

Well, unless you have tits and balls, and the narrative would have been that other people were invading the tranny's safe space, and she has a right to spread her legs, so the tranny doesn't have to squish their nuts.

Should be banned in gym locker rooms as well

Isn't it interesting how internationally coordinated these Feminist groups are. Using the same language, same concepts, same ideology, same political strategies.

Wonder where the money is coming from.

DCQfasAXkAA0Wka.jpg

How about I just get on a bus and piss all over the seats?

How would those lispy cucks like that display of territoriality??

ISIS should just move all their ops to Spain. Clearly that shithole is fucked beyond repair.

oh god not spain ... not like this <2>

If it was actually about passenger courtesy, it would be a sign that says 'Please be courteous and only take one seat'

But it isn't really about that at all. It's about Wymen tribalism and social dysfunction.

Last edited:

The one with the cute doggo is allowed to take up seats

Fuck the other cunts (especially the one laying down and putting her bare feet on that dirty, crusty ass seat wtf)

Probably because most of my generations brains have been turned to mince via technology leaving them with a lack of any basic social skills

The one with the cute doggo is allowed to take up seats
No way, fuck that. Dogs are great but public transport is for humans, not pets. The dog wants on it better be at its master's feet, not on a seat. The rest are worse though I agree, at least the dog is a conscious being and not a status symbol.

No way, fuck that. Dogs are great but public transport is for humans, not pets. The dog wants on it better be at its master's feet, not on a seat. The rest are worse though I agree, at least the dog is a conscious being and not a status symbol.

I only say that because I'm a sucker for dogs, tbh

But seriously, why the fuck would you lay down on a subway? Fucking revolting. Have some self respect ya nasty bitch.

But dogs on seats is equality

I had my feet up on the train not long ago, and someone told me that it's illegal. Not sure if that's true, but I would put them down if someone needed the seat.

I'm all for common courtesy, but the fact that this is only aimed at men betrays their true motives.

Would you support a nationwide ban of Manspreading in the United States?

Americans are so fat they couldn't stop Manspreading even if they wanted to.
Male or female.
I mean how can an average American (picture below) possible close his legs?

s2dtap.jpg

I only say that because I'm a sucker for dogs, tbh

But seriously, why the fuck would you lay down on a subway? Fucking revolting. Have some self respect ya nasty bitch.
I've been dead tired on the bus and I still make an effort to sleep leaning on the window upright as opposed to laying down. Laying down is not only gross but obviously rude since it takes up space.
I'm all for common courtesy, but the fact that this is only aimed at men betrays their true motives.
That's what grinds my gears over this whole thing. Take a look at the language used
“It is not difficult to spot women with their legs closed and very uncomfortable because there is a man next to her who is invading her space,” it said. “It is not a question of bad education, but just as women have been taught to sit with our legs close together (as if we had to hold something between our knees) men have conveyed hierarchy and territoriality, as if the space belonged to them.
This is the hallmark of hyper-leftists ivory tower types, the need to inspect the most mundane of gestures or occurrences for gender or racial hierarchies to dismantle. Its not about common courtesy, its about fighting the "patriarchy" in all its manifestations in daily life.

Back