Machida will grow stronger

Bellator is gonna give him a title shot vs Mousasi/Lovato winner so no he's not gonna grow stronger. He's probably gonna have to fight Mousasi who is gonna beat his ass cause he's 40 and slow and not the elite fighter he used to be.

Hey Kongo found a new way to win after being a striker and getting old. Now he seems to like punching guys again.

Impressed with old man Machida, who's kicking game looked on point but who's reflexes are clearly diminished. He needs to start using more of a boxing defence as he gets older.

No idea what Carvalho was thinking but fighting a legend and coming off his first loss probably made him tentative. Still an impressive win for the Dragon.

I've never been a fan of Machida. I thought he looked fine. He stood fairly successfully against a guy that Mousasi had little interest in standing with. He looked like he was trying to find his angles, but Carvalho was mitigating that by trying to stay just outside that range either by being too far away or too close for it. He closed his range to smother those Machida punches.

Also might be important to remember that Machida seemed to be finding a renewed dedication to applying his Machida Karate to his game before anything else. I think he will be fine. I don't think he can mess with Mousasi at this point, but not everything has to be championship or bust. He'll have other good fights.

i just watched the fight. he did good. i missed part of the 1st round but looks like he won that and obviously the 3rd. what are people crying about. im not even a machida fan.

I hope machida can get the title fight with Moose before bellator gets sold according to the new rumor. Wtf lol.

Bellator making slow moves they should have made MVP vs Daley 2 years ago . Same thing with HW GP

Things are finally looking up for bellator I hope they don't sell it seems like they are finally getting a roster similar to that of Strikeforce

I'm a fan of Machida, but this fight was terrible. Just sub-par fighting all around. His opponent did not look like a high level fighter. The whole Bellator tournament was shit, just a sub-par event, so this fit in.

Lyoto Machida fights the same way every fight. Non engaging, basically sprinting backwards away from his opponents, does a quick burst to throw something, runs away again. Opponents chase him again, Machida does a trip or something to counter their momentum, opponent gets up, Machida runs away again. Rinse, wash, repeat. His highlight finishes came in the same manner of boring fight. His fights are the same fights. But it's also up to his opponents to beat him if they don't like the way he fights.

I'm a fan of Machida, but this fight was terrible. Just sub-par fighting all around. His opponent did not look like a high level fighter. The whole Bellator tournament was shit, just a sub-par event, so this fit in.
Gracie vs. Ruth and Macfarlane vs. Val were awesome fights, maybe you didn't liked it because MMA is not for you, go watch kickboxing if you didn't enjoyed these 2 fights

Didn’t papa Machida say Lyoto was too old to keep fighting at like age 34?

Let’s ask papa what he thinks now?

Gracie vs. Ruth and Macfarlane vs. Val were awesome fights, maybe you didn't liked it because MMA is not for you, go watch kickboxing if you didn't enjoyed these 2 fights

I disagree. I thought Gracie looked pathetic. He has 0 striking skills - he punches like a girl, he would get murdered by a decent UFC fighter. Ruth was fighting like it was a casual practice, another low level fighter. I'm not even commenting girls fight, that was a fucking headliner, another head scratcher.

If you enjoy subpar MMA fights, that's your prerogative. I'm going to call it like I see it.

Back