Luis Ortiz Threatens Legal Action if Anthony Joshua is Not Next!

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Unbeaten number #1 heavyweight contender Luis "King King" Ortiz is chomping at the bit to get in the ring with WBA/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua. On April 29th Joshua climbed off the canvas to stop Wladimir Klitschko in 11 rounds in one of the most exciting heavyweight title fights of the past decade. After the fight,

Ortiz spoke exclusively to BoxingScene.com to remind the Brit that the WBA mandated him to face him in his next fight. "I congratulate the young man for courage but I'm next and that is that. Look, my team let that fight happen because the WBA and Eddie Hearn asked us for a favor and because Klitschko didn't want to fight me but I'm done being pushed back. It's my time and I want my WBA belt so yeah I'm calling Joshua out.

If he likes he can just give up the belt but if not then October or November sounds good to me so it's your move boy. To be he best you have to fight the best," Ortiz had previously told BoxingScene.com. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ort...-joshua-not-next--116404#sthash.XjWb0etI.dpuf

The 38-year-old Ortiz is obviously not a happy camper with the whole situation and after stepping side to allow Joshua-Klitschko to go through, is threatening legal action if his next fight isn't for the WBA title. "I'm ready for the biggest fight of my life and it's not with regular opponents but with no other than the world ranking of the WBA. Look, if they think I'm going to fold they must be smoking some good sh*t. I've come too far. I've struggled too much in my life and starved one too many times in Cuba as a kid, eating only bread and water to stop now. I endured too much having to cross the dangerous waters of the Gulf to make it to the US for freedom for me and my sick little girl to now get bullied by anyone," Ortiz told BoxingScene.com. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ort...-joshua-not-next--116404#sthash.XjWb0etI.dpuf

No.1 member of the 'who needs him club'. Dangerous fight for any of the beltholders.

Someone needs to give this fella a shot. If he's mandatory and not being given the fight then it should be stripped from Joshua. However he's the only champ that is likely give Ortiz his shot! It makes a mockery of what a champion is!

Not exactly a dreamy risk/reward ratio.

That being said, Joshua's victory over Wlad is better than Ortiz's whole resume.

Cant say I blame him and Im happy to see the HWs wanting to mix it up finally.

Pulev, Ortiz and then the winner of Tyson/Wlad 2 would be the ideal progression of title defenses for Joshua.

No.1 member of the 'who needs him club'. Dangerous fight for any of the beltholders.

Which is why we are grateful that boxing hasn't let down the fans this year. LSC vs Frampton II, Ward vs Kovalev II, GGG vs Canelo, GGG vs Jacobs, Brook vs Spence, Wlad vs Joshua. That's just off the top of my head.

Good year. No. Great year so far thanks to the good fighters taking tough fights and not backing down.

I hope Ortiz gets some big fights.

i'd like to see this fight

i hope Joshua has enough about him to actually give this guy a shot

Someone needs to give this fella a shot. If he's mandatory and not being given the fight then it should be stripped from Joshua. However he's the only champ that is likely give Ortiz his shot! It makes a mockery of what a champion is!
Thats way too drastic. Dude just defended against an all time great. Plus rematch clause could be exercised. Plus they aint stripping an undefeated poster boy off passing up ine mandatory.
Ortiz is part of the reason why it has taken him so long to get a shot. Yes he is being avoided. Yes he is a dangerous problem to all of them. Yes he is the most skilled and experience heavyweight not named Vlad. Yes he was busted for being a drug cheat too though. Thats a legit reason why he is being froze out too. Or im sure people are using it as an excuse/ justification to not fight him. But if so thats 100% his fault. Not going to be ignored.
Ortiz, Stiverne, Povetkin, Furry should all fight each other. Consequences to those actions.
Rather see AJ, Wilder , and Parker mix it up.

Parker will be next, and he looks absolutely shit IMO

it should be Ortiz

Looks like Parker and wilder are 'potentially' looking at fat Tony bellew for their next defence. Absolute fckin joke if so but not particularly surprising

i'd like to see this fight

i hope Joshua has enough about him to actually give this guy a shot

Imo the champions should be fighting the best fighters, not picking and choosing who they want to fight! That's what champions do accept in boxing it seems! Us fans are fckin mugs for accepting some of the piss poor challenges like breazalle, molina and everyone of wilders defences

Looks like Parker and wilder are 'potentially' looking at fat Tony bellew for their next defence. Absolute fckin joke if so but not particularly surprising
It's a big payday in the UK.
Hears wants to send Bellew and Whyte against Wilder and Parker. If the win, it's 2 huge domestic fights for AJ, if they loose the other 2 champs gain a bigger profile in the UK and their fight with Joshua gets even bigger, it would be a win/win situation for Joshua.
I'd love to see him fighting Ortiz, but I just don't see it happening, it's a high risk/low reward fight. Pulev is a way easier fight for him and they could use the fact that he beat Chisora to hype the fight.

It's a big payday in the UK.
Hears wants to send Bellew and Whyte against Wilder and Parker. If the win, it's 2 huge domestic fights for AJ, if they loose the other 2 champs gain a bigger profile in the UK and their fight with Joshua gets even bigger, it would be a win/win situation for Joshua.
I'd love to see him fighting Ortiz, but I just don't see it happening, it's a high risk/low reward fight. Pulev is a way easier fight for him and they could use the fact that he beat Chisora to hype the fight.

I agree but my point is these guys are champions, they should be fighting guys at the top of the tree not cherry picking from the top 50. Is bellew even ranked that high as a HW! We as fans accept that this is how it works so we only have ourselves to blame. I think it's bollocks!

Looks like it will almost certainly be Pulev.
We mocked Kubrat's recent fight choices, but King Kong's inactivity only knocked him down the tower of relevancy.
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...week-if-ibf-will-enforce-kubrat-pulev-defence

I guess there's no avoiding the law suit.. unless he tries to get the Wilder fight since he's ranked 2 there so it would be easier.
Idk where u guys got Parker from...

Can't see Ortiz getting a shot at AJ because Hearn already said it wouldn't make financial sense because Ortiz isn't a big enough name and he last two outings didn't do him any favours. Ortiz needs to get fight against someone else decent (and beat them in style) before he gets a realistic chance of fighting AJ. Just doesn't make business sense for a fight between him and AJ right now.

I don't know what to think about Ortiz. He has himself to blame for the Malik Scott fight and the boring outcome, but he does have somewhat polished skills compared to the rest of the divison. He will get his chances, but I agree that the lack of activity, high risk-low reward propspect hinders him.

I think he beats Wilder but loses to Joshua. Joshua really impressed me against Wlad. He doesn't need to take on Ortiz yet, he earned someone like Parker (overrated more than Ortiz for sure) or Pulev.

Back