Lucas Browne: If you can’t handle the pressure, then don’t box.

DC23

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Looks like he's coming back soon even after failing two drug tests and waiting for a fight to be made. He's actually better than some people make him out to be. 24-0 etc. Insane.

Full interview - Lucas Browne

For those unaware, Lucas Browne is an undefeated 38-year-old fighter that boasts an impressive 24-0 record in the Heavyweight division. Unfortunately for Browne, two failed drug tests have seemingly taken him down the pecking order when it comes to a World Title shot, but when quizzed on his short and long term future, the outspoken Australian remained upbeat and updated us on his current situation within the sport;

“I’ve been fully licensed and registered to box for over six weeks now, but I’m still banned from fighting for the WBC or WBA Title until June… I’m waiting on Hatton (Ricky) to sort me a fight out as soon as possible. I need a warm up or two then I’ll be ready to jump back into it all.”

In terms of potential opponents upon his return to the ring and whether or not there’s a specific date in mind, Browne replied with the following;

“Very soon I’m hoping, I’m just waiting on Hatton Promotions, the lawyers and the contracts… I want to fight everyone, I want my title back that I rightfully won. Ian Lewison and David Allen would be perfect opponents.”

That moved us nicely onto the next question and that was whether or not Browne had a close relationship with Ricky Hatton, his now promoter;

“It hasn’t been close no, never really has been close. Of course the fact I’m in Australia (and he’s in England) is a big factor.”

Full Interview - Lucas Browne

That cheater gets starched when he fights anyone solid on a level playing field.

Give him Povetkin.
Bingo. Why does it seem that so many people on here are ok with the cheaters not losing any ground. Like everyone should just over look it or forget.
They even get accused of getting ducked...lmao. NO SHIT. If you are clean why would you want to fight multiple time cheats???

I say let the cheaters fight each other in a seperate cheaters bracket. Its so funny they all complain about the other champs not fighting them. Hey why dont you fight eachother. Stiverne, Ortiz, Povetkin, and now Browne. All complaining about being ducked or not having fights.. Look at that an even heavyweight bracket. Lol is it that even they dont want to fight other cheaters themselves????lol

Also, do people not care about these guys cheating because they feel that everyone else is juicing too? They just havent been caught.

That cheater gets starched when he fights anyone solid on a level playing field.

The even playing field isn't really even necessary. Anyone solid beats him without much trouble whether he's doping or not.

Lost respect for him after failing a second drug test, I actually believed he may have been done over whilst in Germany, but how can you be so dumb as to fail a second drug test ? It doesn't add up...I don't like his chances now that he has been sitting on the sidelines for so long. Browne likes to fight long but he really isn't that big for boxing standards, his mass doesn't really do him any favours and guys like Fury, Povetkin, Wilder, AJ even Parker are much better at using their rangy structures. I'd like to see him fight Jarrell Miller, he doesn't deserve a fight at one of the top guys now.

Bingo. Why does it seem that so many people on here are ok with the cheaters not losing any ground. Like everyone should just over look it or forget.
They even get accused of getting ducked...lmao. NO SHIT. If you are clean why would you want to fight multiple time cheats???

I say let the cheaters fight each other in a seperate cheaters bracket. Its so funny they all complain about the other champs not fighting them. Hey why dont you fight eachother. Stiverne, Ortiz, Povetkin, and now Browne. All complaining about being ducked or not having fights.. Look at that an even heavyweight bracket. Lol is it that even they dont want to fight other cheaters themselves????lol

Also, do people not care about these guys cheating because they feel that everyone else is juicing too? They just havent been caught.

The length of the bans are a joke but rules are rules! Ortiz served his paltry ban in 2014, so unless the rules change or he is caught/banned again then there is no good reason to be avoiding him. The fighters and their teams do not make the rules, so if Ortiz is the mandatory and the champ won't fight him then he should be stripped of his belt! And that fighter has ducked him!

The length of the bans are a joke but rules are rules! Ortiz served his paltry ban in 2014, so unless the rules change or he is caught/banned again then there is no good reason to be avoiding him. The fighters and their teams do not make the rules, so if Ortiz is the mandatory and the champ won't fight him then he should be stripped of his belt! And that fighter has ducked him!
So you're saying the suspensions are not harsh enough?
I think the guy who is the draw and getting punched in the face ought to have some say so in it.
The org is not going to strip Joshua or Wilder anytime soon. Lol. Even they know whats good business. If you go on to fight another champ, a better fighter, or a bigger payday I dont consider that ducking.

Browne is a can

So you're saying the suspensions are not harsh enough?
I think the guy who is the draw and getting punched in the face ought to have some say so in it.
The org is not going to strip Joshua or Wilder anytime soon. Lol. Even they know whats good business. If you go on to fight another champ, a better fighter, or a bigger payday I dont consider that ducking.

Absolutely that! Bans for PED
use is fckin laughable. It should be years or a complete ban. However, this is a sport with rules, and the rules state that guys like Ortiz can compete again! If Joshua wilder or Parker are citing that reason for not fighting him (if he's the mandatory) then that's not valid imo and they are ducking him! I disagree that the champions should be picking their opponents. The guys at the top of the rankings should be fighting for the titles

The rules need to change so Ortiz isn't challenging for a title 3 years after a ban, because he should still be banned. But until then he should be given the same opportunities as other unbeaten fighters. Povetkin should never fight again

Absolutely that! Bans for PED
use is fckin laughable. It should be years or a complete ban. However, this is a sport with rules, and the rules state that guys like Ortiz can compete again! If Joshua wilder or Parker are citing that reason for not fighting him (if he's the mandatory) then that's not valid imo and they are ducking him! I disagree that the champions should be picking their opponents. The guys at the top of the rankings should be fighting for the titles

The rules need to change so Ortiz isn't challenging for a title 3 years after a ban, because he should still be banned. But until then he should be given the same opportunities as other unbeaten fighters. Povetkin should never fight again
I think its weird how you want those guys banned or suspended longer. Yet still want to give them a chance for a trivial mandatory . Im sure the guys getting punched in the face feel even stronger about it.
I have no problems with them being avoided as long as the other top guys are fighting each other.
Some fighters and fights are bigger than the orgs. Especially in thin divisions.

I think its weird how you want those guys banned or suspended longer. Yet still want to give them a chance for a trivial mandatory . Im sure the guys getting punched in the face feel even stronger about it.
I have no problems with them being avoided as long as the other top guys are fighting each other.
Some fighters and fights are bigger than the orgs. Especially in thin divisions.

This is a sport with rules. What sort of sport does a champion pick and choose who they compete against? That is why guys like Chris Eubank and more recently wilder are taking shit and rightly so. They are fighting who they want and mugging the fans off. I believe in far stronger punishment, but it is what it is! I certainly don't support fighters ducking guys that have served a suspension if they are at the top of the tree. And if Joshua is told he has to face Ortiz as a mandatory then I'd fully expect him to face him or relinquish the belt if not

This is a sport with rules. What sort of sport does a champion pick and choose who they compete against? That is why guys like Chris Eubank and more recently wilder are taking shit and rightly so. They are fighting who they want and mugging the fans off. I believe in far stronger punishment, but it is what it is! I certainly don't support fighters ducking guys that have served a suspension if they are at the top of the tree. And if Joshua is told he has to face Ortiz as a mandatory then I'd fully expect him to face him or relinquish the belt if not
Thats how boxing works. People are always going to have to have input into who they want to fight. Its their life on the line. Its not like other sports.
A Mandatory isnt really a set rule in boxing. They get pushed aside all the time. The org makes the mandatory and they make the determination when or if it ever gets enforced.
The irony of trying to make the better fighters follow the rules for people who proven multiple times they aren't falling the rules is just ceremonial. Especially with how drugs work. Just cause somebody served their time and pass some weak test doesnt mean they are still not cheating on drugs.
Sometimes a fighter has to protect their own best interests.

If there were no other fights , i could see tour point more. But i think there are better fights than the mandatory that will get made.

Thats how boxing works. People are always going to have to have input into who they want to fight. Its their life on the line. Its not like other sports.
A Mandatory isnt really a set rule in boxing. They get pushed aside all the time. The org makes the mandatory and they make the determination when or if it ever gets enforced.
The irony of trying to make the better fighters follow the rules for people who proven multiple times they aren't falling the rules is just ceremonial. Especially with how drugs work. Just cause somebody served their time and pass some weak test doesnt mean they are still not cheating on drugs.
Sometimes a fighter has to protect their own best interests.

If there were no other fights , i could see tour point more. But i think there are better fights than the mandatory that will get made.

I don't accept 'that's how boxing works'! Other combat sports like mma don't follow these rules, it is just boxing! Fans moan about shit matchups but we still accept them? Some people are turning away from boxing to mma because Its not run like a real sport, where champions can avoid dangerous fights and mug off the fans

We're going round in circles here. I don't agree with the piss poor bans for PED use but I also don't agree that champions should be able to cherry pick easy defences and use excuses to not fight the top guys! Ortiz is ibf mandatory and should get his shot. If there's a rematch clause then he should be the fight after! he's served a ban and if the champions refuse to fight him as a mandatory they need to give their belts up because they are ducking him!

Last edited:
I don't accept 'that's how boxing works'! Other combat sports like mma don't follow these rules, it is just boxing! Fans moan about shit matchups but we still accept them? Some people are turning away from boxing to mma because Its not run like a real sport, where champions can avoid dangerous fights and mug off the fans

We're going round in circles here. I don't agree with the piss poor bans for PED use but I also don't agree that champions should be able to cherry pick easy defences and use excuses to not fight the top guys! Ortiz is ibf mandatory and should get his shot. If there's a rematch clause then he should be the fight after! he's served a ban and if the champions refuse to fight him as a mandatory they need to give their belts up because they are ducking him!
Lol.. Have you been following whats been going on with MMA???
Fighers are pissed because Champs and popular fighters get to pick and choose.
Thats exactly how MMA works too
See the McGregor BOTH weights situation
See the McGregor Mayweather situation
See the Diazs brothers situation
See the Bisbing situation
See the Jon Jones situation
See the Rousey situation
See the Cruz situation
See the CM Punk situation
See the Anderson Silva situation
The list goes on and on. When you are popular enoughor champ you 100% have say so in who you fight.
The orgs make the mandatory. Its not a birth right. So since they determine it they get to determine how serious of an order it is.
None of those guys have lit the world on fire and they cheated the rules so I dont expect the "rules" to help them.
In 2017 boxing has put on the more meaningful and better fights than mma by far.
I think boxing is gaining some fans by MMA cross over especially for the big fights. Before that would only happen for the Floyd fights.

Lol.. Have you been following whats been going on with MMA???
Fighers are pissed because Champs and popular fighters get to pick and choose.
Thats exactly how MMA works too
See the McGregor BOTH weights situation
See the McGregor Mayweather situation
See the Diazs brothers situation
See the Bisbing situation
See the Jon Jones situation
See the Rousey situation
See the Cruz situation
See the CM Punk situation
See the Anderson Silva situation
The list goes on and on. When you are popular enoughor champ you 100% have say so in who you fight.
The orgs make the mandatory. Its not a birth right. So since they determine it they get to determine how serious of an order it is.
None of those guys have lit the world on fire and they cheated the rules so I dont expect the "rules" to help them.
In 2017 boxing has put on the more meaningful and better fights than mma by far.
I think boxing is gaining some fans by MMA cross over especially for the big fights. Before that would only happen for the Floyd fights.

I disagree

Back