Low Battlefield 5 Preoders due to controversy (Update on "White Man" Censorship Controversy)

“I have a 13-year-old daughter that when the trailer came out and she saw all the flak, she asked me, ‘Dad, why’s this happening?'” he continued. “She plays Fortnite, and says, ‘I can be a girl in Fortnite. Why are people so upset about this?’ … I just said, ‘You know what? You’re right. This is not ok.’

Literally none of this happened.

Literally none of this happened.

"I am a male who wanted to write an article to make it seem like I am a champion for equality, my 13 year old daughter couldn't give less of a shit about a game copping flak so I'll just make something up and seem like I'm not just writing a load of horseshit just to get my name out there and create controversy. I am a fucktard"

I fixed it for you

The entire gaming community needs to delete twitter and stop listening to morons

Controversy is from edgy assholes trying to inject simulation standards into their arcade multiplayer shooter. Who the hell buys a Battlefield game for the lore?

Controversy is from edgy assholes trying to inject simulation standards into their arcade multiplayer shooter. Who the hell buys a Battlefield game for the lore?

To be fair, Battlefield 1942, Vietnam and even Battlefield 2 were fairly realistic, a lot of people can't fathom that the game has moved away from that aspect. 1942 had appropriate weapons, vehicles and maps, Vietnam had near perfect weapons for the time and vehicles were great. BF2 was a hypothetical modern day China vs USA type deal and it was from there that they started going more arcade and less realism.

I think this guy's take makes more sense than most I'm seeing online. The game's marketing looks like a mess.

Keep in mind that for Battlefield's preorders to tank, they could still be getting a lot of preorders, they have to make a game that appeals to virtually everyone just to keep sales stable.

<WellThere>

Watching the trailers for CoD WWII you had the exact opposite reaction. That's the WWII shooter I remember and I need to experience it again
I'd blame it on BF1 having one of the most epic trailers I've ever seen and then when I got it on day 1 it couldn't hold my attention for longer than 30 minutes and I only got about half way through it before tapping out

EA was idiotic to put this anywhere near Red Dead 2. COD is always a competitor they were comfortable going up against, but with RD2, that's fighting a war on two fronts. Couple that with a prominent figure telling his base that they are ignorant/uneducated, and daring them not to buy, it's a recipe for another epic EA fail.

The new trailer looks pretty awesome. If they showed that instead of virtue signaling with their disabled heroine, not to mention microtransaction mascots with that cricket bat, Katana and steampunk attire, there would probably be excitement instead of controversy.

After the Battlefront debacle, this is really head scratching behaviour.

What really gets me is using that disabled woman in the first trailer, it looked like Fortnite. They talked about WW2 immersion for this, so most of the base, including me, were expecting BF 1942 with all the bells and whistles of today.

There are near endless compelling stories involving women in WW2, especially on the Russian front. They could have focused on that through their war stories mode if they really wanted to please Anita Sarkeesian and her like, without making the game look like a cartoon.

WW2 is my favorite era for shooters. The real stories, which have barely been touched on in games, are far more interesting than any fiction could dream up.
Mine too. I know the market was way over saturated for many years but I never got tired of it. An endlessly fascinating historical event.

It's funny you mention Dishonored, I just read Arkane is putting the series on hiatus due to sales figures.

As far as I understood Death of the Outsider was always supposed to be the finale installment of the series. With the Outsider being dead there is no more magic, so a new game in the series would be out of place.

its ok, im not buying this game and EA is a piece of shit company

“Listen: this is a game. And today gaming is gender-diverse, like it hasn’t been before. There are a lot of female people who want to play, and male players who want to play as a badass [woman]. And we don’t take any flak. We stand up for the cause, because I think those people who don’t understand it, well, you have two choices: either accept it or don’t buy the game. I’m fine with either or. It’s just not OK.”
First off that line right there is fucking bullshit and a slap in the face to old school female gamers- I've known girls as gamers ever since I starting gaming in the mid-90s and never knew the stigma towards gamer girls. This being a huge factor is made up bullshit that maybe had slight truth a decade or two ago, but was never a major representative towards girl gaming in general. The major difference I see today is that the females I knew as a kid wanted to play The Sims and now that they're adults they want to play WoW, CS, or Diablo. There has always been a huge market for girl gamers and dudes who want to play female characters- and likewise many gamers who never gave a shit about what gender their character was/is.

As for low BF5 pre-orders being the result of sexist male gamers- maybe that does represent a small part of it(which would be dumb- females have been major characters in games for decades, even some of the best sellers of all time like Mario) but I'll bet the larger issue is that gamers today don't want to play in your face obnoxious XP progress, day 1 DLC, or WW2 shooters- we want to play(and do play by the millions) shooters like CS and PUBG where we have modern guns we're familiar and comfortable with, and complete games that get day 1 and onward support. Team based games that promote a competitive atmosphere, not casual RNG fests for kids with ADHD who just play and don't think.

Maybe if EA would get their head out of their ass and release a complete game without day 1 DLC, with working mechanics, competitive esport support, all in a modern setting without stupid gimmicks maybe then their game would sell well. But no, they think the way of 2012 is the way forward despite the absolute dominance of PUBG, LoL, CSGO, Fortnite, and Dota 2. These successful game publishers in 2018 let their developers give gamers what they want, not what publishers think gamers should have.

Fuck EA.

probably might have played a part but i think another factor might be the fact that the game looks similar to BF1, atleast it does for me and i cant say if i will bother preordering it

should have went for a different theme imo

FUCK EA.
Fuck its conveyor games that are the same every year. Fuck their diversity agenda.
This bullshitt is disrespectful to all the real women who fought and gave their lives for the sake of victory in WWII.
There were a lot of women in partisan squads, there were female snipers, like Lyudmila Pavlichenko, who set the record killing 309 Axis soldiers and officers, 36 snipers among them IN ONE YEAR, dubbed Lady Death by American press.
%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%89%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%20%D0%9B%D1%8E%D0%B4%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%B0%20%D0%9F%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE%20%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%20(6).jpg

If you want a hero with prosthetics, there has been a Soviet fighter plane pilot Meresiev, who lost both legs but learned to pilot his plane using prosthetics.
Just piss off with this idiotic SJW agenda, EA.
There were real life female heroes, disabled heroes, black, white, asian heroes. There were kids as young as 12 fighting in partisan squads.
Yet EA decides to put some idiotic commando-like gal with an unrealistic prosthetic in the game.

Do some research and honor real heroes, not reinvent history with SJW bullshit!

Battlefield 6....

latest

Seriously... I dont care they added woman sure it made it more unrealistic,but certain countries did use woman, but damn they are totally going COD style unrealistic. Woman with robotic arms(basically a female winter solider) other random ass weapons that shouldnt be there in the middle of ww2... Im also assuming micro-transaction galore, since they have all the extra add-on cosmetics. Hell im surprised we dont have space suits.
Really havent been hyped with this battlefield like I was with One.

Last edited:
It didn't bother me until I heard the story with his daughter. Fuck this dude and fuck his spoiled little brat.

If you haven't been caught up in the news...

Battlefield 5 is a game in the franchise Battlefield by EA & Dice, this current version is based on World War Two, except for one thing.

or9ggo1nlmcjcvst627e.jpg

Your protagonist is an amputated woman. Many people were upset with this decision stating that this was historically inaccurate and felt too forced.

EA responded: (Source : https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/13/ea-dont-like-women-battlefield-5-dont-buy/)

After explaining the creative reasoning, Soderlund moved into personal examples. “I have a 13-year-old daughter that when the trailer came out and she saw all the flak, she asked me, ‘Dad, why’s this happening?'” he continued. “She plays Fortnite, and says, ‘I can be a girl in Fortnite. Why are people so upset about this?’ … I just said, ‘You know what? You’re right. This is not ok.’ These are people who are uneducated – they don’t understand that this is a plausible scenario.

“Listen: this is a game. And today gaming is gender-diverse, like it hasn’t been before. There are a lot of female people who want to play, and male players who want to play as a badass [woman]. And we don’t take any flak. We stand up for the cause, because I think those people who don’t understand it, well, you have two choices: either accept it or don’t buy the game. I’m fine with either or. It’s just not OK.”

As of right now
, analyst are predicting lower than expected sales based on preorders

Or maybe people don’t give a shit about this tired franchise while waiting for fucking Red Dead, the biggest game of the last five years? Nothing to do with women unless you’re a basement dwelling misygonist.

EA was idiotic to put this anywhere near Red Dead 2. COD is always a competitor they were comfortable going up against, but with RD2, that's fighting a war on two fronts. Couple that with a prominent figure telling his base that they are ignorant/uneducated, and daring them not to buy, it's a recipe for another epic EA fail.

The new trailer looks pretty awesome. If they showed that instead of virtue signaling with their disabled heroine, not to mention microtransaction mascots with that cricket bat, Katana and steampunk attire, there would probably be excitement instead of controversy.

After the Battlefront debacle, this is really head scratching behaviour.

What really gets me is using that disabled woman in the first trailer, it looked like Fortnite. They talked about WW2 immersion for this, so most of the base, including me, were expecting BF 1942 with all the bells and whistles of today.

There are near endless compelling stories involving women in WW2, especially on the Russian front. They could have focused on that through their war stories mode if they really wanted to please Anita Sarkeesian and her like, without making the game look like a cartoon.

WW2 is my favorite era for shooters. The real stories, which have barely been touched on in games, are far more interesting than any fiction could dream up.

Yeah, I was on the fence about this game too till the latest trailer.

Gave me battlefield goosebumps.

To be fair, Battlefield 1942, Vietnam and even Battlefield 2 were fairly realistic, a lot of people can't fathom that the game has moved away from that aspect. 1942 had appropriate weapons, vehicles and maps, Vietnam had near perfect weapons for the time and vehicles were great. BF2 was a hypothetical modern day China vs USA type deal and it was from there that they started going more arcade and less realism.
My favorite realistic part of bf1942 realism was idiots jumping into bombers alone and spending the entire time trying to dogfight instead of blowing up the enemy carrier.

Oh, and medics.

"Fairly realistic"

maxresdefault.jpg

The nerve of people expecting a fairly realistic WW2 shooter. We need more games based on PC culture, because the SJWs as we all know are a lot of fun to be around and game with.

BF6 better have wheelchair and short pink hair options. Also gender is a social construct so there better be wayyyyyy more than two.

In all seriousness, this game will fail and rightfully so. I've played the BF series since 1942 and this will be the first in the series I will pass on.

Lol, I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with this being DICE's next release after the absolutely stellar and well received Battlefront 2.

Plus, RDR 2 releases then, Fortnite + PUBG have a stranglehold on the mp shooter market. A few inbred incels kicking up a tantrum on the internet doesn't make it a sales affecting controversy.

Also, I see this thread is as hilarious as the previous one with the "but mah realism!" If you want realism, watch a documentary or read a fucking book instead of an mp match with the likes of XxNoSkopeKilla420xX.

Back