Love on Netflix

Hearse Lightning

Not an Uber
@Brown
Reaction score
Good show. Didn't see a thread on it. Word needs to get out. It deserves to be watched. Kind of like Master of None but better. Judd Apatow had his hand in it. Also I noticed Steve Bucemi directed an episode. Anybody watch it?

All I saw was the thumbnail and it looked like it was for chicks so I didn't watch it.

Will check it out.

Watched the first episode....ummm seemed like it had many of the flaws of Apatow-related material without as much of the strengths as some of his best stuff.

I found the nerdy protagonist's pilot episode storyline a lot funnier/more entertaining than the female protagonist's. The faith revival part just struck me as completely odd/random.

But there were definitely a lot of funny moments. My favorite might have been when

Kripkie from Big Bang Theory is getting canned by the female protagonist over the phone while she is high. And he refers to her as a hit men since she's taking him out at the boss' request. And then she goes, "Aren't we all just hit men." and Kripkie is like "Aren't we all just hitmen? What the fuck does that mean? Are you fucking high?" hilarious delivery there.

Also the

the three-way with the two sisters and the protagonist's reaction to it struck me as very Larry David-ish. Could have definitely seen that happening in an episode of Curb. Nothing wrong with that. Just immediately what I thought of.

Looked very hipstery so I passed it up

I almost passed it up as well but had a slow night and decided to check it out. 8/10 will watch 2nd season.

I'll put it on the list of things to get to.

Hate the protagonist so far.

I wouldn't mind him getting hot girl after hot girl if he had any redeeming qualities. He's not good looking and has a terrible personality. The guy is entirely too controlling.

Gillian Jacobs is great, however. I enjoy everything she does

Hate the protagonist so far.

I wouldn't mind him getting hot girl after hot girl if he had any redeeming qualities. He's not good looking and has a terrible personality. The guy is entirely too controlling.

Gillian Jacobs is great, however. I enjoy everything she does

Yea I thought that was a little weird at first to. I'll give him the first girl friend who dumped him because even ugly guys can pull hot girls every now and then. I'll also give him the drug addict because well she's clearly not in the right state of mind. The actress made no sense though and they should have found a less hot girl for him to hook up with to play that role. She was way to invested in spending time with him only to turn around and be like fuck you this is just for fun.

Either way I like the show and I also thought it was for chicks. I think it's just because I'm really into broken chicks who do drugs like that. There always a lot of fun...at first anyways then they get annoying.

Watched it. Mickey is so full of self loathing ...that woman should give alot of men on here hope.

buscemi is a prick. fuck that guy

When he got himself fired as writer was probably on the most cringeworthy scenes i have ever seen

funny show love all the netflix comedies,I binged this show and madter of none. as a community fan I feel her character is what britta would be like in real life.

Watched the first episode....ummm seemed like it had many of the flaws of Apatow-related material without as much of the strengths as some of his best stuff.

I found the nerdy protagonist's pilot episode storyline a lot funnier/more entertaining than the female protagonist's. The faith revival part just struck me as completely odd/random.

But there were definitely a lot of funny moments. My favorite might have been when

Kripkie from Big Bang Theory is getting canned by the female protagonist over the phone while she is high. And he refers to her as a hit men since she's taking him out at the boss' request. And then she goes, "Aren't we all just hit men." and Kripkie is like "Aren't we all just hitmen? What the fuck does that mean? Are you fucking high?" hilarious delivery there.

Also the

the three-way with the two sisters and the protagonist's reaction to it struck me as very Larry David-ish. Could have definitely seen that happening in an episode of Curb. Nothing wrong with that. Just immediately what I thought of.
the incestuous three some was funny ,I agree with the kripkie scene. charlene yi is also looking very attractive in this show.

paul rust looks like a cross between count chocula and a serial killer from "criminal minds"

Thread needs a trailer.

I like it. Funnier than it comes off as. Just started season two. I'm usually a sucker for stuff Judd is involved in though.

Paul might also have the largest nose i've ever seen on a human, haha.

Blew my mind when I realized that the shitty little kid is Apatows daughter from Knocked Up.

I like it a lot (though it didn't grab my bf), but it's the kind of show that makes viewers feel pretty uncomfortable much of the time. Characters make bonehead decisions all the time (why is the cute Aussie roommate still doing it with that horrible slob Randy?!?), but the idea Apatow and the creators (the star Paul Rust and his wife) said they wanted a show that gets into the reality of relationships, so I guess we often will see how messy real life is.

I love the show but didn't like the way season 2 ended. I know a girl just like Mickey

Back