Looking for mid 90s song

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
There was a song that got some moderate air time on college radio in 1995-1996.

The singer is a girl... and each line of the chorus ends with 'fuck you'.
She sings with a kind of restrained anger.

This is mid 90s alt.... not some emo or rock chick band.

Anyone know what song this is?

Kitty? L7? I feel like Courtney Love let out a lot of fuck yous in Hole songs.

Kitty? L7? I feel like Courtney Love let out a lot of fuck yous in Hole songs.

Not Kitty nor Courtney.

L7, hmmmm... I wouldn't have guessed but thanks for the reminder of them.

THis wasn't a rock song or a screamo (whatever they used to call that).

Probably not the song you are looking for, but this was the first thing that popped into my head from your description.

edit:
or Ani Difranco? she begins the chorus with a fuck you. ha ha. :)

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's who i was gonna say. That's the only Ani Difranco album i had, too.

edit:

Wow....
I've been trying, randomly, to track this song down since about 1997. Record store reps, various other message boards could never figure it out.... and you nailed it. If you were in Wisconsin I'd buy you a pizza(s).

Thanks, homie.

I first heard it in 1996. I was a freshman at Marquette University.
It was December and I drove to St. Paul to visit (and pick up and bring back to our hometown) my girlfriend from high school who was attending St. Kate's college in St. Paul at the time.

I was lost in these weird suburban streets that ran in all these wacky directions late at night... and it was snowing like a beast. I was trying to find her sister's house in one of the suburbs of St. Paul and this song came on the radio.

i thought it might have been hole - olympia but nope.

Wow....
I've been trying, randomly, to track this song down since about 1997. Record store reps, various other message boards could never figure it out.... and you nailed it. If you were in Wisconsin I'd buy you a pizza(s).

Thanks, homie.

Hot Damn, I'm glad we figured it out. Normally I'm next to useless in threads like these. :) and i already booked my flight up for that pizza!

Coincidentally, I had just reacquainted myself with this song a couple months ago. Talk about good luck.

and it's interesting how a song can leave such a vivid memory in one's head. There are several that just really take me back to a specific moment in time each time i hear them.:)

Back