Look at it from Conor's perspective, what motivation does he have to fight Aldo again?

Ask every champion prize-fighter for the last 150 years the same question...

Ask every champion prize-fighter for the last 150 years the same question...
most of them couldn't write their own check like Conor, they fought the #1 contender because it was the most lucrative fight.

People want to see Conor fight for the LW title

HIs motivation should be to defend his belt or risk losing it because he hasn't defended it in a year.

most of them couldn't write their own check like Conor, they fought the #1 contender because it was the most lucrative fight.

Every poll that I have seen says otherwise.

To defend his belt and stop holding up the division. If he isn't going to then the UFC should strip him.

How can you be the FW champ and not fight at FW?

There is also the risk involved that Aldo might not show up after another mental beating. And Conor would end up fighting a LW'er without enough time to prepare properly. I say let him fight Holloway for the interim belt and see if is okay to fight after that.

So let him, and he can give up the FW that has a mandatory challenger attached to it now. While it is sports entertainment, it is still a sport.

I couldn't give two craps about his motivation. Defend the 145 pound title or vacate it. It's really that simple.

GTFO. You have zero idea what people (ie. a consensus of all fans) want. You're simply being spoon fed what Conor and the UFC want. It's been happening more and more. Title defenses have a larger purpose: they add a structure so that increases the odds that the two best fights in a weight class are fighting. Without title defenses, these "Money Fights" could easily transition into a string of freakshows...

I dont understand why Conor can put FW division on hold a year

I dont understand how he can step over killers some undefeated some 9-0 in LW.

Dana just needs to strip him and make him pay dues at 155 2 fights at least. Why do y'all think we have all these duckers now like Ty-run and so on? Conor and enabler Dana setting bad example.

it's not a big money fight for him, there are bigger ones.
it's not a challenge to beat a guy you beat already.
he can't possibly top his performance from the 1st fight

I can completely understand for someone like Conor who's always trying to reach the next level. Fighting Aldo is moving backwards
Defend his belt? Fuckin goof ball!

then drop the belt if you aren't going to defend it. Easy as that. Him not defending the belt caused an interim to be made for an active fighter, and that's on him.

It's too bad Frankie blew it, because if he beat Aldo then a Conor vs. Frankie title unification would have been easy to promote. And Frankie always shows up. I think Conor would have jumped on that.

It is tough with Aldo, because he doesn't draw flies, even before already getting KO'd in 13 seconds by Conor after a 2-year buildup. And he's not reliable, he's pulled out of 5 fights. It's definitely not the biggest fight Conor can make right now.

Problem is, if he wants to keep that Featherweight belt, he's going to have to do it. Aldo's got that interim around his waist.

I wouldn't say Frankie blew it. Aldo is just better than him. Frankie would have been a lot easier to promote though. I agree with you there.

I really dont think Conor wants to have to cut to 145 again. The longer he delays it, the harder it will likely be as he gets older. I'd like to see a rematch with Aldo because I think Jose deserves it after being such a great champ for so long. If Conor doesn't want to, that's fine tho. Fight Alvarez but give up the FW belt.

GTFO. You have zero idea what people (ie. a consensus of all fans) want. You're simply being spoon fed what Conor and the UFC want. It's been happening more and more. Title defenses have a larger purpose: they add a structure so that increases the odds that the two best fights in a weight class are fighting. Without title defenses, these "Money Fights" could easily transition into a string of freakshows...
oh really, this is what respected Moderator on sherdog had to say about Eddie Alvarez being most exciting fight for Conor:

Definitely the most exciting. Eddie goes crazy whenever someone tries to pressure him early, and Conor does nothing but pressure people early right away in all of his fights. That shit would be bananas.

What motivation does a champion have to defend his belt?

The motivation is that he holds the mother fucking belt and aldo won his way back to the title shot.

Or are we now wwe?

If we are wwe than I wanna see Conor fight Brock at open weight please.

He should definitely show how great he is by fighting another "GIANT" like Magny...maybe 2 or 3 times cause he is so much bigger.

oh really, this is what respected Moderator on sherdog had to say about Eddie Alvarez being most exciting fight for Conor:
I bet a heavy majority of fans would find McGregor vs Brock exciting as well. How about Conor taking that fight instead? /sigh

its not rocket science mcgregor fanboys defend the belt or drop it

Aldo is the #1 contender and is interim champion

how is this so hard for you to comprehend

Back