Lomachenko sparring with TJ Dillashaw

1mic

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Short clip of them sparring:

After sparring, TJ interview from Elie.

Good videos, wish the sparring was longer.

TJ seems super respectful, I'm sure it was a good experience for both fighters.

lol nice loma getting pieced up by tj dillagoat

so much for garys boxing being a factor @Hardkore

lol nice loma getting pieced up by tj dillagoat

so much for garys boxing being a factor @Hardkore

Is that why there's only a 16 second video clip of their sparring session? TJ was missing and getting tagged. If you don't believe me, I'll slow the video down. LOL @ "pieced up". Watch the YouTube video. TJ said "he put it on me" and Lomachenko was walking him down. TJ also said "I wish I was in better shape". Not that it would've helped.

I can show you what Lomachenko looks like in sparring. He regularly drops pros weight classes larger according to Seckbach, the guy who published the YouTube interview with TJ. I can show you footage of him dropping a guy when he made his debut in America at Roach's Wild Card gym, the main location. He was the one piecing TJ up (which TJ admitted) and going very easy on him because he's an MMA fighter and not a boxer.

What Loma looks like when he's going hard (see Roach in the background?). I'll post the footage later.

lomachenko.jpg

Last edited:
Let's run that shit back, as Garbrandt would say. The video footage is actually 15 seconds and not 16. I downloaded that video clip from Okamoto's Twitter page in MP4 video format (HD quality), converted it to a GIF and then slowed it down to half speed. I then uploaded it to Gfycat so that it's compressed and you can slow it down even further, down to 1/8th speed if you like, which would be 1/16th since it's already half speed.

Lomachenko is feeling him out, studying him and walking him down. Notice he isn't throwing many punches, he's letting TJ do that.

Have a look and tell me how many clean punches you see TJ land. Lomachenko is barely even in 1st gear at such a low work rate and only using his jab sparingly. @$uicideboy$

Last edited:

Is that why there's only a 16 second video clip of their sparring session? TJ was missing and getting tagged. If you don't believe me, I'll slow the video down. LOL @ "pieced up". Watch the YouTube video. TJ said "he put it on me" and Lomachenko was walking him down. TJ also said "I wish I was in better shape". Not that it would've helped.

I can show you what Lomachenko looks like in sparring. He regularly drops pros weight classes larger according to Seckbach, the guy who published the YouTube interview with TJ. I can show you footage of him dropping a guy when he made his debut in America at Roach's Wildcard gym, the main location. He was the one piecing TJ up (which TJ admitted) and going very easy on him because he's an MMA fighter and not a boxer.

What Loma looks like when he's going hard (see Roach in the background?). I'll post the footage later.

lomachenko.jpg

Let's run that shit back, as Garbrandt would say. The video footage is actually 15 seconds and not 16. I downloaded that video clip from Okamoto's Twitter page in MP4 video format (HD quality), converted it to a GIF and then slowed it down to half speed. I then uploaded it to Gfycat so that it's compressed and you can slow it down even further, down to 1/8th speed if you like, which would be 1/16th since it's already half speed.

Lomachenko is feeling him out, studying him and walking him down. Notice he isn't throwing many punches, he's letting TJ do that.

Have a look and tell me how many clean punches you see TJ land. Lomachenko is barely even in 1st gear at such a low work rate and only using his jab sparingly. @$uicideboy$

its just banter

its just banter

I thought you were being serious. My bad then. I don't want a bunch of those "UFC" fans from the heavies thinking that just any MMA fighter can come in and beat someone as accomplished in boxing. Like when Conor decided to edit his sparring footage with Chris Van Heerden to look like he beat him, which was low.

Here is some older footage of Lomachenko sparring using only his lead hand. He's sparring Denys Berinchyk, a 5-0 (3 KOs) pro, 2012 Olympic Light Welterweight silver medalist & 2011 World Championships silver medalist/runner-up.

I do have the footage of the guy he was sparring with at the Wild Card, one of Roach's fighters. It was included in a documentary about him when he came to America. The guy that was knocked out and lying under the ropes in the photo I posted.

Last edited:
I do have the footage of the guy he was sparring with at the Wild Card, one of Roach's fighters. It was included in a documentary about him when he came to America. The guy that was knocked out and lying under the ropes in the photo I posted.

post it please!

Damn that clip loma sparring with one hand, looks easy to him.

post it please!

I will. It just requires me to find it first. It's inside a documentary that I have bookmarked and I have way too many bookmarks. I can't recall if he said it was a shot to the stomach or the solar plexus that put the guy down like that. If you watch his first pro fight in America against Jose Ramirez, the guy does the stop, drop and roll thing too except he didn't roll under the ropes because they were out in the open.

Damn that clip loma sparring with one hand, looks easy to him.

I've posted it before. The reason he does it, or reasons, I would suspect are in case one hand is injured in a fight. The other would be that if he can beat a guy with one hand then imagine what he could do with both? This one-handed sparring came in handy because in 2009 he broke his hand at the World Championships but somehow went on to win the gold medal and only gave up 7 points (total).

Vasyl went on to win the gold medal at the 2009 World Amateur Championships, where he only conceded 7 points in the whole tournament despite breaking his hand in the tournament.
http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:659771

In his 4th pro fight against Suriya Tatakhun aka Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo he hurt his hand (bone bruise) and finished half of the fight with one hand (his lead) while winning every round. It's been paying off based on his results.

I initially said that the sparring footage released was only 15 seconds but it was indeed 16, my mistake. I accidentally shaved off the last second extracting the footage. It contained the most significant & clean punch of the clip, a power jab that snapped TJ's head back and had him adjusting his headgear at the end of the clip. TJ whiffed his right hand and got cracked by it.

I really like both those fighters, seem like decent guys and both great in their respective sports.
I've always thought the snake shit was never deserved for TJ. He's good people.

TJ destroying Loma.

Admit it.

Boxing is dead.

TJ destroying Loma.

Admit it.

Boxing is dead.

Then why is TJ in the ring sparring with Loma? Odd. They look like they're boxing, Loma is anyway. TJ's trying to it seems. One top MMA fighter & former UFC champ just got educated in that ring (learning experience) and there's likely more to come. Conor could be next, Loma's been asking for him. Okamoto (an MMA journalist at ESPN) should release the other 15 minutes and 44 seconds of the footage. That'd be great.

Here is Loma asking Seckbach to call Conor up to get him in the ring. LOL. At the beginning of the vid Loma is nice enough to console TJ after the boxing lesson and tries to offer some words of comfort. TJ's face says it all before he even speaks on their sparring. He wants Conor to get an idea of what it's going to be like if he does fight Mayweather and would only be doing him a big favor.

Last edited:
Back