Lomachenko-Marriaga Averaged Just 728,000 Viewers on ESPN

I doubt he could live up to that mantle. And Floyd only became "boring" after jumping up a few weight classes. If Loma keeps moving up in weight and tries to be the more exciting version as you put it then he'll eventually get KO'ed or/and burn out.
We'll agree to disagree because I see him becoming as good (not yet) as Mayweather although he has a much different style. Lomachenko is a much more offensive fairly high volume guy, even when he moves up in weight he'll still do that. He's not the most powerful puncher so he tends to overwhelm opponents with the number of shots and high accuracy.

Floyd was more heavy handed at the lower weights but he was never high volume so he couldn't fall back on volume when he went up in weight where as Lomachenko can. I doubt he'll burn out as he doesn't get hit enough. I also think he's smart enough to retire before he really starts to fade. Though he's not as good defensively as Mayweather he is the current 2nd least hit pro boxer in the game behind Rigondeaux. Not bad defence for such an offensively minded fighter.

I didn't even know the fight was on until I went on instagram that night and saw the stoppage.

Back