Lomachenko: I'm not the 1#boxer, Terance Crawford is

Meh. I don't really get all the Crawford hype.

If he beats Indongo with relative ease, I'm on board.

Lol, well I was kind of being sarcastic. Kellerman only talked about how much of a killer he looks in the ring. It got annoying and to the point where I want TC to lose.

Postol is a good win, but his next best win is an undersized Gamboa. Everyone else on his resume is pretty "meh", or at least by that point in their career.

Lol, well I was kind of being sarcastic. Kellerman only talked about how much of a killer he looks in the ring. It got annoying and to the point where I want TC to lose.

Postol is a good win, but his next best win is an undersized Gamboa. Everyone else on his resume is pretty "meh", or at least by that point in their career.

He's a really good fighter, but he certainly has a lot of push from HBO right now. I'd like to see him at welterweight where there is some real competition. I know that sounds crazy since he hasn't been at 140 very long, but the dude was killing himself (almost literally) to get to 135. There was an episode of 24/7 or something that showed him really struggling to get water out of his body. Then the next night, 152 pounds.

The Postol win was better than Loma's Walters win.

Do you get the hype behind any fighters who are not defense first?

Crawford gets criticized for remaining too defensive sometimes, so I don't think that's the case. Crawford's best opponent so far was Postol and he threw less than 400 punches.

I like Crawford, I think he could end up being a great fighter. But sometimes the hype machine oversteps the opponents that he's beaten so far. That's not really that uncommon though.

Probably true but who is Postol, really? Some guy with a glossy record that Crawford beat?

I don't believe Crawford belongs anywhere near a P4P list. Lomachenko either, really. Not one guy they've beat would sniff the top 50 P4P.

Do you get the hype behind any fighters who are not defense first?
There's just nothing that stands out about him to me. I think his competition is pretty weak too, for a guy being called a top 3 P4Per.

There's just nothing that stands out about him to me. I think his competition is pretty weak too, for a guy being called a top 3 P4Per.
Please tell me that you where on the Postol hype train

His resume isnt the best right now but he beat everyone with ease and possibly reaching the pinnacle of his prime right now, id love to see him at 147

They were pretty equal win IMO. I would probably rate Loma higher than TC, given he also has the Gary Russel Jr win.

I really dont see how either Loma or TC could be considered #1 tho.

SOG is #1 for sure. GGG and Thurman are undefeated with better wins.

Stevenson has been pretty inactive, but he just crushed Fonfara, and has much better wins on his resume.

Hell, if Postol and Walters are the measuring bars for p4p greatness, even fighters with losses like Canelo and Danny Garcia have better wins, and only have a loss because their divisions are much more stacked.

Both Loma and TC are great talents from what we have seen thus far, but based on records/quality wins, they got a ways to go, despite what HBO tells me.

Like Hagler, Hearns and Duran all rolled into one! Killer instinct! MEAN STREAK!!! YARGHHH!!!!!

haha, so funny because of how true. I am pretty sure Max has said that almost word for word.

"I'm not the n°1 boxer, Bob Arum is".

Crawford gets criticized for remaining too defensive sometimes, so I don't think that's the case. Crawford's best opponent so far was Postol and he threw less than 400 punches.

I like Crawford, I think he could end up being a great fighter. But sometimes the hype machine oversteps the opponents that he's beaten so far. That's not really that uncommon though.

I think the who has he beaten card is overplayed. We should all have enough trust in our boxing judgement to be able to evaluate the talent of a fighter independent of the level of opposition. That's a crutch to avoid having to do any thinking to defend an opinion. I'm not saying level of opposition doesn't matter, but we need to trust our eyes too. The one exception is when you're beating up smaller guys, as Crawford was doing earlier. But his last two fights he's handled with ease two legit B level fighters in his weight class. I do think he'll end up at WW soon but I also think Spence, the best WW right now, will be at Jr MW soon and I don't think anyone else at WW can beat Crawford.

My eyes say Crawford is athletic d, skilled, versatile and smart. I don't see anyone his size beating him.

I think there's a double standard with Canelo, who get's lauded for his resume, and Crawford. Is edging controversial decisions vs. Lara and Trout better than dominating Postol and Diaz? I don't think so. Winning a non-dominant decision vs a smaller, soon to retire Cotto? It seems like Canelo gets credit for fighting Floyd, even though he got 12-0'd. I think not fighting Floyd and not getting 12-0'd is an equal achievement.

Probably true but who is Postol, really? Some guy with a glossy record that Crawford beat?

I don't believe Crawford belongs anywhere near a P4P list. Lomachenko either, really. Not one guy they've beat would sniff the top 50 P4P.

Ok i'll bite...who's on your P4P?

They were pretty equal win IMO. I would probably rate Loma higher than TC, given he also has the Gary Russel Jr win.

I really dont see how either Loma or TC could be considered #1 tho.

SOG is #1 for sure. GGG and Thurman are undefeated with better wins.

Stevenson has been pretty inactive, but he just crushed Fonfara, and has much better wins on his resume.

Hell, if Postol and Walters are the measuring bars for p4p greatness, even fighters with losses like Canelo and Danny Garcia have better wins, and only have a loss because their divisions are much more stacked.

Both Loma and TC are great talents from what we have seen thus far, but based on records/quality wins, they got a ways to go, despite what HBO tells me.

You didn't just throw Stevenson into the conversation, seriously now.

We can split hairs about resumes all day long,...but the "eye test" has to count for something. We just watched Keith Thurman squeak by one dimensional Danny Garcia and barely beat zero fundamentals Shawn Porter,....you seriously think he deserves to be ahead of Crawford on anyone's P4P?

Crawford can fight just as well orthodox or southpaw, he can box, he can brawl, he learns in the ring, he's very active and getting better, he has great power, he has a killer instinct, and IMO has the best jab in the game today. The only knock on him from a technical standpoint is that his defense can get sloppy and he leaves himself open to hooks every once in a while.

Objectively list his attributes and match them against Stevenson or Thurman,.....then tell me with a straight face he's not better than them.

Crawford keeps his chin high and ends on his right far too often for me to believe he's #1. He's a damn good fighter and understands boxing. Great at mixing things up and creating openings. He just has two glaring flaws.

Back