LOL. Ben Askren righting 21 year old kids so he doesn't have to fight real fighters

Was at Pride GP 2000

Brown Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who Is he fighting? ?? Some 7 and 0 21 year old kid who hasn't ever fought anyone good. It's like that story I read where a guy pretended to be in high school so he could play football against kids.

So weak Ben. He really shouldn't be able to use social media to give his opinion on MMA because he basically runs from real MMA

"Real MMA" organizations run from Ben

He's getting paid good money to fight bums and the UFC and Bellator passed on him. What else is he supposed to do? BTW he is actually a good fighter.

It's like the college quarterback who plays in the CFL b/c he isn't good enough for the NFL. But then goes around and tries to proclaim he's the best QB in the world anyway.

Who Is he fighting? ?? Some 7 and 0 21 year old kid who hasn't ever fought anyone good. It's like that story I read where a guy pretended to be in high school so he could play football against kids.

So weak Ben. He really shouldn't be able to use social media to give his opinion on MMA because he basically runs from real MMA
Say it to his face

He's getting paid good money to fight bums and the UFC and Bellator passed on him. What else is he supposed to do? BTW he is actually a good fighter.

This

Ben is fighting bums because the UFC is scurred he'd become champ and they don't want grapplers for champs

WTF TS, put some effort into your post. He takes whatever fight they offer him. Sapo ducked him twice after quitting in their first fight. Also, being young is a helluva advantage in athletics. There are college age people winning the Olympics.

Also, Wrong Forum Asshole.

This

Ben is fighting bums because the UFC is scurred he'd become champ and they don't want grapplers for champs

Yep.

If Maia taps Masvidal, he still won't fight for the belt.

He has a simple choice: take the best payday he can get and resign himself irrelevancy, or take whatever the UFC is willing to pay him and keep winning and working on building a fan base until he has more bargaining power to renegotiate.

I honestly don't know why people like this guy. He's like Johny Hendricks, only difference is he didn't have the balls to fight in the UFC.

He tried to fight in the UFC and they didn't want him lol

It's not like this was his first choice. Why would anyone's first choice be being poorer than you could be?

He tried to fight in the UFC and they didn't want him lol

It's not like this was his first choice. Why would anyone's first choice be being poorer than you could be?
He doesn't fight in the UFC because he talked shit to the UFC so they wouldn't sign him

This

I don't think they where worried he'd become champ.

At the time the UFC was in quite a pissing match behind the scenes with SPIKE/Bellator/Bjorn and used Ben more or less as a pawn to say we aren't just taking any of your top guys. I think six months previously they would've signed him, possibly.

Plus I've heard rumors Ben can sometimes be a real hard ass behind the scenes(big in the head). Not sure if its true or not, but something is always off when a org lets basically there top guy walk away with the belt. Maybe he UFC just felt the headache of dealing with Askren wasn't worth dealing with compared to what he brings in the cage. I think them not even offering him a deal and telling him to go sign with WSOF was away to take his ego down a notch.

Chances are its was a combination of the two that led him to cash in over in ONE FC, good for him.

He doesn't fight in the UFC because he talked shit to the UFC so they wouldn't sign him
Bullshit, it was the "MMA fans" that talked trash (like you are doing now) and Dana jumping on board with them. He wanted to fight for the UFC and even flew out to Vegas to sign a contract only to be further insulted by Dana and Co. He talked shit in his defense.

Seriously, he outstruck Koreshkov 248-3 in the fight prior to signing to ONE FC.

I don't think they where worried he'd become champ.

At the time the UFC was in quite a pissing match behind the scenes with SPIKE/Bellator/Bjorn and used Ben more or less as a pawn to say we aren't just taking any of your top guys. I think six months previously they would've signed him, possibly.

Plus I've heard rumors Ben can sometimes be a real hard ass behind the scenes(big in the head). Not sure if its true or not, but something is always off when a org lets basically there top guy walk away with the belt. Maybe he UFC just felt the headache of dealing with Askren wasn't worth dealing with compared to what he brings in the cage. I think them not even offering him a deal and telling him to go sign with WSOF was away to take his ego down a notch.

Chances are its was a combination of the two that led him to cash in over in ONE FC, good for him.

Dana saying he's more interested in watching 2 flies fuck and Askren is like ambien before negotiations showed us where his mind was at.

Last edited:
Dude offered to fight for cheap as fuck and the UFC refused to sign him.

Askren would be welter weight champ of UFC today if signed.

UFC catches a lot of flak for never having signed Askren. Let's not forget Bellator willingly let him go with no intentions of resigning him.

The fact that he's fighting a 7-0 prospect is something to admire. The kid will be way more dangerous than some washed up has-bin with a name.
Sure as hell beats the current MW champions last win over a 50 year old man.

Last edited:
Back