Television LOKI TV Series (Season 2 Finale)

If you have seen the entire first season of LOKI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Red Skull, Thanos, Kingpin and Green Goblin were Bad Ass Motherfuckers right out of the gate. There was no need to convince the fans these guys were serious threats to the Heroes, because we could see it with our own eyes. They started off dangerous and just got scarier and more powerful as time went on.

Kang has appeared in Loki S1, Quantummania and now Loki S2. And he's no more impressive now than when he started. If anything, his sense of danger and threat has degraded. That's why we're sleeping on him. Because he's shit.

This.

We don't need to see the uber-villians origin when they're not even firmly established.

I had some similar gripes about Thrawn in the Ashoka series...I know how badass he is but can still see how it's not conveyed on the screen properly, and wasn't made a clown in his first on screen roles like Kang was.

Last edited:
Time Travel is boring AF. It pretty much negates consequences because the Hero or Villain can always go back/forward and change things. It's a Trope that should be used very sparingly, not made central to the character. Doctor Who can pull it off, but that show is the exception rather than the rule.

Kang going back in time to train himself just makes me roll my eyes like Jada after someone's made a GI Jane joke. Same with Timely just being another Variant, and the Kangiest of Kangs not actually having being introduced yet. It's a cop-out because every version of Kang is lame.

You obviously like Kang, and that's fine. I'll wait for the real Big Bads - Magneto and Doom - to get excited about. Assuming the MCU doesn't crash and burn before then due to poor product and diminishing returns. Rumours are that The Marvels, which was very expensive to make, might be the MCU's first legit box office bomb.

Fair enough, bruh. We'll just see how things shake out. I do like Kang, and see the potential for what he could be on the big screen if they don't fuck it up. But, yeah, with Marvel these days, it's probably best to keep expectations tempered.
I liked Ms. Marvel, but I don't have high hopes for The Marvels. If it's bad, at least it won't hurt as much as Love and Thunder or MoM.

Fair enough, bruh. We'll just see how things shake out. I do like Kang, and see the potential for what he could be on the big screen if they don't fuck it up. But, yeah, with Marvel these days, it's probably best to keep expectations tempered.
I liked Ms. Marvel, but I don't have high hopes for The Marvels. If it's bad, at least it won't hurt as much as Love and Thunder or MoM.

On your last point, I offer no disagreement. Love and Thunder and Multiverse of Madness somehow managed to waste both talented actors and the beloved characters they were playing.

What they did to Mr Fantastic in MoM still makes me want to punch something:mad:

This.

We don't need to see the uber-villians origin when they're not even firmly established.

I had some similar gripes about Thrawn in the Ashoka series...I know how badass he is but can still see how it's not conveyed on the screen properly, and wasn't made a clown in his first on screen roles like Kang was.

I don't even know much about Thrawn apart from casual conversations, and my reaction when I saw him first was, "Dad-Bod Data":rolleyes:

I don't even know much about Thrawn apart from casual conversations, and my reaction when I saw him first was, "Dad-Bod Data":rolleyes:

They didn't even give him a good win, because everyone knew he'd be making it back.

As opposed the proper intro of a big bad in action (not counting the one scene cameo/teasers in the early series)....

In the opening scene Thanos beats the Hulk down so badly he suffers performance issues, kills Loki and makes Thor run like a bitch..

...he Solos the fucking Hulk....and eats his soul

With a few exceptions, everything since End Game has been somewhat of a mess. I'm still holding out hope that this is all going to somehow coalesce into something worthwhile, but I'm beginning to think that phase 1-3 was just an extended "catching lightning in a bottle". I will say that we should probably see how Loki turns out before making a final judgment. We're only halfway through the season, so maybe there are still some good twists and turns yet to come.

I think Loki S2 will be the first Disney+ show I will cancel in the middle of. Probably won't turn Disney+ back on until something really good premieres... and don't know when that will be.

With a few exceptions, everything since End Game has been somewhat of a mess. I'm still holding out hope that this is all going to somehow coalesce into something worthwhile, but I'm beginning to think that phase 1-3 was just an extended "catching lightning in a bottle". I will say that we should probably see how Loki turns out before making a final judgment. We're only halfway through the season, so maybe there are still some good twists and turns yet to come.

I believe that the entire MCU is a wash at this point. Everything from now to Secret Wars is already planned out, and the track record this phase gives me no confidence that the rest will get better. The best we can hope for now is that the looming post-SW reboot will be better.

I like the actors/characters in this show but I'm having a hard time caring about the actual main plotline. The last 2 episodes were pretty fun though. Not sure why I should care about the TVA.

Another solid Meh of an episode. Does Titty-Loki ever stop fucking whining?:rolleyes:

The only redeeming feature was Dox and her crew getting wasted. Miss Minutes was clearly flooding her panties while watching.

Doesnt anyone miss Loki ? Hes been downgraded into just another bland agent for 99% , apart from very occassional power outburts, that make his strenght in the show vary from meek sheep to "I can do what I want"...
This show oughta be about the mischevious pwoerful entertaining Loki having to help TVA lest he also is destroyed, not guy in a suit

I've enjoyed the season, but it's not the best it could be. I don't mind Victor and all of that. I kinda felt bad when he was basically sacrificed by everybody to go out into the Loom. I'm interested to see where that explosion takes things because it's only E4. Would be a great mechanic to reset certain components in the MCU.

Rumours are that The Marvels, which was very expensive to make, might be the MCU's first legit box office bomb.
Didn't Eternals flop?

Love and Thunder and Multiverse of Madness somehow managed to waste both talented actors and the beloved characters they were playing.

What they did to Mr Fantastic in MoM still makes me want to punch something:mad:

Same here. No Way Home was the last MCU movie I watched, period.

Spider-Man: No Way Home came out in December, 2021.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness came out in May, 2022.
Thor: Love and Thunder came out in July, 2022.

Spider-Man: No Way Home was the last MCU movie you watched, and yet you've also watched at least two other MCU movies that came out after it.

:confused:

Didn't Eternals flop?

Spider-Man: No Way Home came out in December, 2021.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness came out in May, 2022.
Thor: Love and Thunder came out in July, 2022.

Spider-Man: No Way Home was the last MCU movie you watched, and yet you've also watched at least two other MCU movies that came out after it.

:confused:

Doh! That's what I get for posting while drunk!

What I should have said was, "Spider-Man: No Way Home was the last MCU movie I enjoyed"

I watched MoM, but skipped Love and Thunder completely.

I'm not very far into the season, but one thing I will say is that the MCU did strike gold with Hiddleston as Loki. He really is good in the role and has made it work both as the evil version and the hero we've got now. He's getting a bit old to play an eternally young god of Asgard, but Marvel could do worse than add him to the cast of their next Avengers ensemble if it happens in the not too distant future.

Hemsworth as Thor, Hiddleston as Loki, Cpt. Marvel, Shang Chi and Ant Man is a lineup they should be able to get some good stuff out of.

So if Timely really is dead, that means the Kang Variants are 0 - 3 now?

Worst. Big Bad. Ever!:rolleyes:

Tomorrow's episode is the second to last.

Back