Live-Action MULAN Movie (September 4, 2020 Release on Disney+)

If you have seen MULAN (2020), how would you rate it?

• 9 - Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - Good

• 7 - Pretty Good

• 6 - Decent

• 5 - Average/Meh/Mediocre

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• Total voters
At this rate, I'm not gonna be surprised if they cast Jackie Chan as the dragon Mushu :D

Its going to fail White people in America dont watch an All Asian cast, this is something I noticed minorities will watch all white cast movies though but Whites dont like to watch all minority movies. They cannot relate to us, or just subconscious superiority?

Should have white washed it for it to make money, the movie will only do like 14 to 20 million opening weekend and then trickle down
I think people will watch, if the movie is quality and promoted sufficiently. CTHD was basically Wuxia and was internationally successful, and there have been others, stuff like Monsoon Wedding.

More worrying is the fact that a movie starring an all minority cast usually has to tick familiar boxes (asian kung fu masters!) or Hollywood won't take enough of a chance on it to get the word out to viewers. You can't really just stamp a Marvel logo on everything and fix that problem.

They already made a Mulan live action movie in 2009 that I thought was pretty decent.

Mulan.jpg
that actually looks good.

the transsexual themes of mulan are contemporary though with todays society.

Meh, the original characters have me more worried than the casting of old standbys. Jet Li can still go and is underrated as a dramatic actor.

Obviously not going to complain about Gong-li being added to a movie.
she has great bewbs
the_curse_of_the_golden_flower.jpg

the guy in the back is staring and thinking "look at dem sweet bewbs"

gong-li-curse-of-the-golden-flower-man-cheng-jin-dai-huang-jin-jia-BR4AAP.jpg

curse_of_the_golden_flower_movie_image_gong_li__1_.jpg

she has great bewbs
the_curse_of_the_golden_flower.jpg

the guy in the back is staring and thinking "look at dem sweet bewbs"

gong-li-curse-of-the-golden-flower-man-cheng-jin-dai-huang-jin-jia-BR4AAP.jpg

curse_of_the_golden_flower_movie_image_gong_li__1_.jpg
That has got to be the most gorgeous Chinese woman I ever seen,looked her up and she is 52 dam wtf she aged well

Update: August 13, 2018

Production Begins for Live-Action MULAN Movie; First Official Look at Liu Yifei as Mulan

VtSdFwt.jpg

Disney's Mulan has begun production, and has unveiled the first look at star Liu Yifei in the titular role.

The actress (also known as Crystal Liu), is playing the heroine, who disguises herself as a man in order to spare her elderly father from having to join the military. Casting directors saw nearly 1,000 candidates for the role across five continents before finding the film's lead.

Also among the cast for Mulan are Donnie Yen, Jason Scott Lee, Yoson An, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Ron Yuan, Tzi Ma, Rosalind Chao, Cheng Pei-Pei, Nelson Lee, Chum Ehelepola, Gong Li and Jet Li. Mulan will film in New Zealand and China.

The Zookeeper’s Wife filmmaker Niki Caro is directing Mulan for a March 27, 2020 release date.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-look-at-liu-yifei-unveiled-by-disney-1134253

Liked this movie growing up. Hopefully it lives up to it

Production Begins for Live-Action MULAN Movie; First Official Look at Liu Yifei as Mulan

VtSdFwt.jpg

Disney's Mulan has begun production, and has unveiled the first look at star Liu Yifei in the titular role.

The actress (also known as Crystal Liu), is playing the heroine, who disguises herself as a man in order to spare her elderly father from having to join the military. Casting directors saw nearly 1,000 candidates for the role across five continents before finding the film's lead.

Also among the cast for Mulan are Donnie Yen, Jason Scott Lee, Yoson An, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Ron Yuan, Tzi Ma, Rosalind Chao, Cheng Pei-Pei, Nelson Lee, Chum Ehelepola, Gong Li and Jet Li. Mulan will film in New Zealand and China.

The Zookeeper’s Wife filmmaker Niki Caro is directing Mulan for a March 27, 2020 release date.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-look-at-liu-yifei-unveiled-by-disney-1134253

That's a very nice sword. Ahistorical as all hell, but really nice.

Does anybody know enough Mandarin to read what it says on the engraving at the base of the blade?

I'm sure she's going to do a fine job with such an important roll being looked after & tended too... but they should've kicked her out of her 100K trailer & made her live on the street for a week before shooting that picture... or something like that.

Maybe this is representing her when she first enlisted in the military & having trained but never seen a hard life or real combat. It's all good. i dunno... I guess I just expected a warrior feel. I'm sure they'll provide it in the movie. Pretty much have too... representing a legend like this.

Last edited:

Does anybody know enough Mandarin to read what it says on the engraving at the base of the blade?
giphy.gif

it says "Courage". I know this because that's what I have tattooed right above my tribal band.

Its going to fail White people in America dont watch an All Asian cast, this is something I noticed minorities will watch all white cast movies though but Whites dont like to watch all minority movies. They cannot relate to us, or just subconscious superiority?

So America didn't watch Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?

VtSdFwt.jpg

So she Mulan, and she wears red? Is the movie title Mulan Rouge?

Back