List of fighters who kicked butt on short notice

RafaelDosSantos

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Long training camps are unnecessary

Nate Diaz - beat the best fighter on earth on 11 days notice
Michael Bisping - won the MW championship on 2 weeks notice

IIRC Houston Alexander took a fight on short notice to get into the UFC and KO'd Jardine.

If he was beaten and finished by a short notice drug addict maybe he is not the best fighter on earth.

Not exactly short notice, but T.J. Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao at UFC 173.

I remember Leben fought Akiyama 2 weeks after beating Aaron Simpson and won. Not sure how much notice he even had for it.

If I recall correctly Anderson vs Bonnar was short notice, pretty decent beating... I can't remember the circumstances around Anderson vs Griffin if that was short notice.

Groovy Lando almost beat Ferguson on very short notice.

I remember Leben fought Akiyama 2 weeks after beating Aaron Simpson and won. Not sure how much notice he even had for it.
That was probably Lebans best performance too.

fucking triangle choked his ass lol I lost my shit

If nick Diaz beat him on short notice then he sure as hell isnt the best fighter in the world.

These threads show the stupidity of taking such a fight. No one really remembers or appreciates it. But if you lose, then you lost and are in the back of the line. If you need the money (or if its a big opportunity like a title shot), then so be it. Otherwise, probably best to wait for the next one.

Nate Diaz never fought or beat Jon Jones what is this foolishness!

didnt brock announce his return to mma (vs hunt) just a few weeks before ufc 200? at the very least, this was his first mma fight in over 4 years.

Back