Like it or not, Conor proved he's the better athlete

jj4sElA.gif

Like it or not reality is

he got stopped by a 40yr old man not known for his punching power - who hasn't had a stoppage in 6yrs

Got stopped by a 40yr old man coming off of a 2yr lay off.

Got stopped by a guy barely over the welterweight limit while he cam in as a super-middle weight.

I could go on but judging by your post reality is something you don't have a grasp on and it would be pointless.

He might have got stopped by a 40 year old man.. but that's just another example of how corrupt boxing is. There's noway the fight should of been stopped when it was. Conor would have gone the distance if not for the dodgy ref.

We all know how corrupt boxing is the recent canelo v ggg fight another example. That stoppage was shocking.

He might have got stopped by a 40 year old man.. but that's just another example of how corrupt boxing is. There's noway the fight should of been stopped when it was. Conor would have gone the distance if not for the dodgy ref.

We all know how corrupt boxing is the recent canelo v ggg fight another example. That stoppage was shocking.
lol idiot

lol idiot

I'm an idiot for saying boxings corrupt? lol.

It's only the Anti conor retards on here who don't think the fight was stopped early.

Alot of the big name boxers came out and said it was an early stoppage.

You've just shown your an idiot, your that blinded by hate you can't see whats in front of you lol.

I'm an idiot for saying boxings corrupt? lol.

It's only the Anti conor retards on here who don't think the fight was stopped early.

Alot of the big name boxers came out and said it was an early stoppage.

You've just shown your an idiot, your that blinded by hate you can't see whats in front of you lol.

Really? Conor suffered mild brain trauma but you think it was stopped early? Would you rather he went unconscious and suffered long term damage? Had they not stopped it he was going to take more damage and his lights were going out.

The ref saved him and it was a good stoppage. The medical suspension is proof of that. Do those same guys that thought it was early think the same thing now that we know the extent of the damage?

Really? Conor suffered mild brain trauma but you think it was stopped early? Would you rather he went unconscious and suffered long term damage? Had they not stopped it he was going to take more damage and his lights were going out.

The ref saved him and it was a good stoppage. The medical suspension is proof of that. Do those same guys that thought it was early think the same thing now that we know the extent of the damage?

Bullshit.

You cannot fail at a sport someone reached the top in and be considered a superior athlete. It's simply illogical.

Conor would have gone the distance if not for the dodgy ref.

If Conor had any interest in going the distance, he should've stopped doing his best impression of a drunken Irish stereotype and stopped stumbling around the ring, relying on the ropes to hold him up and maybe actually tried throwing punches. He didn't because he knew what was coming and wanted a way out, which the referee gave him.

Last edited:
LOL at Conor going the distance, jesus fucking christ. As I said in another thread, the delusion is still strong for the McNuthuggers. It's almost like this fight didn't happen.

The guy was stumbling around the ring like a drunk bum, taking flush powershot after powershot, and throwing NOTHING back. That's grounds for a stoppage, it was a perfect stoppage, and the ref rescued PillowFists McGregory from taking serious long lasting damage. He suffered mild brain damage as is.

For PillowFists McGregory fans to say it was an early stoppage is particularly strange. Did they want to see their man get carried out in a stretcher or a bodybag?

I mean just look at him, he was done. Done as done.

$

$

$

$

$

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

A year isn't near enough time, even if he had the potential to be the MMA GOAT. Even if you are freakishly gifted it takes more time than that to learn all the different aspects of kickboxing, wrestling, the ground game and most importantly how to integrate them together - that takes awhile and a lot of experience.

3-5 years and after multiple pro fights, and it's entirely possible that Floyd would have done well in MMA, maybe even become a champ, like many gold medalists and world champions from other sports transitioning to MMA have. It's equally possible that he would have flopped HARD and been unable to even make it into upper level competition, as many gold medalists and world champions in other sports have. MMA is a VERY different sport with a lot of unique talents needed that aren't present in many other sports, and you never know how good someone is until they get in there.

Styles matter....Conor isn't this amazing wrestler like people say....1 year of TDD by Floyd, would give Conor huge problems.

Look at nate Diaz...the dude it's a boxer, rarely uses kicks or goes for takedowns....He is slow/flat footed, just walks forward, use to suck at checking leg kicks...and he gave Conor lots of problems....Mayweather can do the same.

Boxers are Conor's kryptonite.

Now will mayweather beat Khabib/Ferguson/etc in MMA with a year training? Fuck no so I understand what you say when you mention, he wouldn't be champ, but again matchups matter alot.....but he can totally beat Conor with a year training.

GGG/Canelo....would kill Conor in MMA with a year training.

Let’s be real here – Conor got dominated in every aspect of the match. Floyd carried him to the 10th round.

Conor’s punches got real soft, real quick, and he ran out of ideas. Don’t get me started on his cardio – he looked done by the 4th round.

I’m glad this fight was against Floyd, and not a hitter like Canelo. Jesus, can you imagine what the potential for serious damage would be?

I admit it – I bought into the hyperbole, and got swept along by the circus.

I can’t imagine the cringe levels of watching a pre-fight Roddy interview again.

Finally, I'd end by saying Conor is still a world class mma fighter, and I look forward to his next UFC fight.

Who won or didn't, regardless of the stoppage, we saw mcgregor serious gas out by the 9th round. Really from about round 6 on he was visibly tired. For a professional atheist, that is not very impressive. You didn't see Michael Jordan collapse in exhaustion at the end of the 3rd quarter

Floyd took 30 minutes to questionably defeat Conor in Floyd's own sport. If this was Conor's sport Floyd wouldn't be standing after 10 seconds.

Conor proved that he's definitely the better athlete between the two.
Such a great athlete for going out and getting his ass beat down by a 40 year old formerly retired and inactive for 2 years boxer.

Superior athlete?

Funny... I thought superior athletes won? Or defended their belts? Or backed up all their shit talking?

Conor is a joke. Nothing more. He'll be forgotten. Let him make his money, but he is a farce.

But if you snowflakes insist on giving Conor a participation award, feel free.
Superior athletes don't need that shit.

40 year old man who hasn’t fought in two years walks straight at a 29 year old man who is taller, has reach and probably 10 to 15 pounds of weight on him, and works and batters the 29 year old until he’s too spent to lift his arms or move his head to avoid being punched in the head at will.

Conclusion: 29 year old is clearly the superior athlete (based on hypothetical imaginings of how an Octagon fight that will never happen might, maybe, go, vs what actually happened)

Well, sure. Obviously.

Floyd took 30 minutes to questionably defeat Conor in Floyd's own sport. If this was Conor's sport Floyd wouldn't be standing after 10 seconds.

Conor proved that he's definitely the better athlete between the two.

Lol man the way he was gassing out after 9 minutes and getting his face punched in really proved something. I usually think when someone loses completely horribly within the scope of the boxing rules that they’re not as good an athlete.

It’s like saying a ninja warrior contestant is a good basketball player after getting their shit pushed in.

Back