Libs still don't get it

This isn't whining, it's observing what has liberals in the position that they are in.

No one is ready to grab a sign and protest or cry about being a victim. I personally hope the current trend continues.

Horseshit.

I think the left will be wise to position themselves as the opposition party so they can highlight any failures by this administration. Identity politics will fade back into the back ground once we ignore them for long enough.
The mindset behind this post is why the two party system is fucking terrible for the success of the nation and the well-being of the people in it. This idea that governing the people is a game with winners and losers is fucked. They would all rather sabotage for the next 4 or 8 years in order to position their party to win next time around than attempt to make the best of everything do what's right for the nation.

Edit: I'm not saying this from an anti-lib perspective. I know the right did it to Obama and that was also fucked up. Now it is the left's turn to also be dickwads or do what's right. They'll probably be dickwads.

The mindset behind this post is why the two party system is fucking terrible for the success of the nation and the well-being of the people in it. This idea that governing the people is a game with winners and losers is fucked. They would all rather sabotage for the next 4 or 8 years in order to position their party to win next time around than attempt to make the best of everything do what's right for the nation.

Edit: I'm not saying this from an anti-lib perspective. I know the right did it to Obama and that was also fucked up. Now it is the left's turn to also be dickwads or do what's right. They'll probably be dickwads.
If trump championed an idea that liberals liked such as universal health care or affordable post secondary, liberals would be hard pressed to oppose it.

The left complied all too willingly with the right during the clinton era of deregulation and the Bush era of spending trillions on war. Often times when these parties work together it is destructive.

Democrats are not boycotting the inauguration to send a message to trump. They are doing it to rally support of their voter bases.

A.k.a - all of that "you have to work with the president! You have to respect the president and the democratic process!" talk they've been preaching for the last 8 years is going in the shitter now that they have been given a chance to practice what they've been preaching. It's essentially the wide scale political action mirroring what these tweet represent:

qn22i8.jpg

The good old "We need to fight partisanism and work together!" when we're on top, "WE MUST STOP THE OTHER TEAM!" when we're on the bottom switch. Not that it's a surprise, but it's a bit depressing to see that the Dem team has proven to be every bit as shitty as the other team when given the chance to see if they could live up to their last 8 years of togetherness rhetoric.

But, who am I kidding? You're one of the most single minded, repugnantly biased partisan hacks in the forum. You'll be in full spin mode for the next four years at least. You know what you're doing and while I'm sure you'll talk a good show, I wouldn't bet a dirty nickel that you will ever really be taking the high road on anything involving this president.

We're basically at the point where Trumpsters have no actual political opinions other than spite for the other team. Just look at the confirmation threads. They literally don't care about policy or what Trump does when he gets in office. Trumpsterism is anti-ideology in that respect.

youre silly ts

the boycotting isnt for you, trump, or republicans. its an attempt to make a shallow display against trump for liberal and moderate voters. theyre playing to their base, just like trump did in the primaries.

as for all the great things trump will do for the country...only time will tell. you place a lot of faith in him.

#twocorinthians

I agree but I think this pushes the moderate votes away and only appeals to the liberals and not even all of them.

But like I said not something I should complain about.

I agree but I think this pushes the moderate votes away and only appeals to the liberals and not even all of them.

But like I said not something I should complain about.

i agree, actually. when those very first protesters began harassing trump rallies, i thought to myself that theyve just gotten him elected. idiots. destroyed their own cause.

We're basically at the point where Trumpsters have no actual political opinions other than spite for the other team. Just look at the confirmation threads. They literally don't care about policy or what Trump does when he gets in office. Trumpsterism is anti-ideology in that respect.
We are waiting to see what he actually DOES, not what libs are freaking out about what he MIGHT do.

I think the left will be wise to position themselves as the opposition party so they can highlight any failures by this administration. Identity politics will fade back into the back ground once we ignore them for long enough.
Identity politics going away seems like wishful thinking.

A.k.a - all of that "you have to work with the president! You have to respect the president and the democratic process!" talk they've been preaching for the last 8 years is going in the shitter now that they have been given a chance to practice what they've been preaching. It's essentially the wide scale political action mirroring what these tweet represent:

qn22i8.jpg

The good old "We need to fight partisanism and work together!" when we're on top, "WE MUST STOP THE OTHER TEAM!" when we're on the bottom switch. Not that it's a surprise, but it's a bit depressing to see that the Dem team has proven to be every bit as shitty as the other team when given the chance to see if they could live up to their last 8 years of togetherness rhetoric.

But, who am I kidding? You're one of the most single minded, repugnantly biased partisan hacks in the forum. You'll be in full spin mode for the next four years at least. You know what you're doing and while I'm sure you'll talk a good show, I wouldn't bet a dirty nickel that you will ever really be taking the high road on anything involving this president.
Trump wasn't my first choice, so you are wrong. He made alot of promises and I will be critical if he doesn't follow through. Fiscally, I'm very conservative, but socially I'm a to each his own guy. I just don't think it is the federal government's job to regulate social issues. I prefer to leave that to the states.

We are waiting to see what he actually DOES, not what libs are freaking out about what he MIGHT do.

He's already done stuff like making cabinet picks and Trumpsters couldn't be any less interested in that. Your main focus is liberals freaking out. Nothing beyond that matters seems to matter.

Appointments are the first important thing a President elect does. It will shape his Presidency. He has not graded highly in the dept. so far.

His appointments seem to be in lockstep with the GOP. Didn't you guys say he was an "outsider".?

Back