LHW Tournament for the belt

sb413197

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If Jones is stripped and suspended for a prolonged period, how does a LHW tournament to establish the new champion sound? Of course Cormier could simply be re-appointed as champion, but I think that might be a tough sell from a marketability standpoint.

Yes TS, i love it.
This would be huge, and very interesting.

Yes that sounds amazing!

*Looks at LHW roster

N/M just give DC the belt

Give DC his belt back and let Volkan and Gus fight for the number 1 condenter

As much as I like the idea you know UFC ain't ever putting on another tournament. Fuck these days can't even get two scheduled fighters to make it to the octagon, imagine the pull outs

Not giving DC the belt would be complete bullshit... just make a contender fight and we are back on track.

If the UFC did a tournament outside of TUF, I doubt they could actually pull it off. We would probably end up seeing someone outside of the original tournament win the thing (at least with Strikeforce DC fought as an alternate).

Secondly DC deserve the belt. He didn't lose it legitimately so he should get it back.

DC already won that tournament.

Who would be the 4th guy in it? I see we would have DC, Gus, and Volkan, but who's the 4th?

If Jones is stripped and suspended for a prolonged period, how does a LHW tournament to establish the new champion sound? Of course Cormier could simply be re-appointed as champion, but I think that might be a tough sell from a marketability standpoint.

How do you give a guy, that was just ko'd dead, the title back...That's even worse than giving aldo his belt back...

How do you give a guy, that was just ko'd dead, the title back...That's even worse than giving aldo his belt back...

Since he didn't lose the belt legitimately. Jones pissed hot, that means that the official CSAC record will see Jones vs DC as a NC meaning DC didn't lose officially and that's why he should get the belt back.

Since he didn't lose the belt legitimately. Jones pissed hot, that means that the official CSAC record will see Jones vs DC as a NC meaning DC didn't lose officially and that's why he should get the belt back.

From a fairness standpoint, no doubt that is true.

But this is a bit of a pickle. How do you sell a PPV with a guy who got KOd to "win" the title? Will people get excited about that and buy that? And this after he was already seen by a large portion of the fanbase as a paper champ (rightly or wrongly).

I think a tournament could be an opportunity to re-inject hype and interest into a division that is in really bad shape. You never know too - tournaments have a way of elevating fighters faster than they would otherwise - Cormier being a good example himself from Strikeforce...

No, the fight will be ruled to a NC so that means Cormier didn't lose the belt officially

Back