Let's be serious for a second - How would a Werdum vs Tony Ferguson fight go?

Jay Zee

Hygienic animal
Banned
Reaction score
I've saw some vastly different opinions about this hypothetical MMA fight when they had their "run-in", with some people saying that size was overrated and Ferguson could outstrike Werdum and hold his own on the ground, and some that said Werdum would win.

What do you Sherbros say about this? The fight will be under UFC rules and no weight limits. I actually think this fight would be highly competitive, and would pick Ferguson via a 49-46 decision.

Keep in mind that Ferguson says he walks around at over 200lbs when not in camp, so the weight difference would be less than 30 lbs.

ALSO, Ferguson's reach is only 0.5 inches shorter than Werdum's, which is virtually identical.

Ferguson also won TUF at 170.

Last edited:
Werdum is a heavyweight who went five rounds throwing flying knees and constantly moving forward versus Marcin Tybura.

He will DESTROY Tony Ferguson. It won't even be competitive. LOL

tumblr_ngwc59nod31rp0vkjo1_500.gif

With an ankle pick takedown

Werdum hurting him very badly , more like an assault .

If tony ferguson could beat heavyweights he wouldn't be fighting at 155

Tony ankle picks Werdum into a mounted triangle for the tapout

Most people will say Wasteland but I'll be serious since I have some time to kill.

Werdum will either:
1. Take Ferg down and submit him in a minute or two. Werdum is a natural HW and skillwise of the best grapplers in MMA history, if not the best. Ferg loses in both size and skill in the grappling dept.

2. KO Ferg with a knee, especially since Ferg will be at a massive height disadvantage. Either that or he KOs Ferg with a 1-2 or kick.

Only way I see Ferg winning is with the hail mary of hail mary subs off his back... against Werdum.

realistically - he could probably submit tony by fking him in the ass if he wanted too. Size matters.

either that or tony ankle picks him then transitions into the twister position.

Werdum vs Rockhold is the match up

there are middleweights can hang with heavies, but not lightweights.

Before the modern/money/steroid era there wasn't even a cruiserweight division in boxing, the various cruiserweight belts were created between 1979-84, before that if you couldn't make 175, you were a heavyweight.

Most people will say Wasteland but I'll be serious since I have some time to kill.

Werdum will either:
1. Take Ferg down and submit him in a minute or two. Werdum is a natural HW and skillwise of the best grapplers in MMA history, if not the best. Ferg loses in both size and skill in the grappling dept.

2. KO Ferg with a knee, especially since Ferg will be at a massive height disadvantage. Either that or he KOs Ferg with a 1-2 or kick.

Only way I see Ferg winning is with the hail mary of hail mary subs off his back... against Werdum.
Lol, and just like that......this thread was wastelanded.

Lmao

Last edited:
I thought you said that you wanted to be serious for a second?

I've saw some vastly different opinions about this hypothetical MMA fight when they had their "run-in", with some people saying that size was overrated and Ferguson could outstrike Werdum and hold his own on the ground, and some that said Werdum would win.

What do you Sherbros say about this? The fight will be under UFC rules and no weight limits. I actually think this fight would be highly competitive, and would pick Ferguson via a 49-46 decision.

Keep in mind that Ferguson says he walks around at over 200lbs when not in camp, so the weight difference would be less than 30 lbs.

ALSO, Ferguson's reach is only 0.5 inches shorter than Werdum's, which is virtually identical.

Ferguson also won TUF at 170.
Ankle pick brah

Ferguson has more skill...Werdum has too much size, Ferguson won't be able to take many of Werdums shots.

You people are crazy. a HW HS wrestler could beat ferg with 6 months defensive BJJ. Size matters. 30 lbs my ass

59cd8e7f46f9d.jpeg

Back