Lets be realistic, can this fight be potentially dangerous for Conor?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Realistic and honest opinions please.

We just heard about Tim Hague, an ex-UFC fighter turned boxer tragically pass away while suffering bleeding in the brain after a knockout in the ring.

Now, EVERYONE knows Conor McGregor is tough, and is a fighter, but he has NO experience in the pro boxing world. It is only natural that the media and fans to glorify the excitement this fight is going to bring but I personally think everyone is forgetting that this can potentially be very dangerous and career threatening If Conor McGregor goes in that fight and takes arguably the best boxer in history's best punches.

Many fans predict a finish. So do I. Though Conor is one tough SOB and his pride wont let him quit on that stool. He will keep trying to fight Floyd for 12 rounds if it goes that long and during that period that guy will have taken more punches than likely any of Floyds previous opponents.

I hope the fight doesnt last long, for Conors sake and safety. Anybody agree?

For Conors sake and safety, i hope this fight last 12 rounds, and that he takes minimal damage.

But realistically, in the event that this does turn into a beat down, his corner will throw in the towel.

He knows the risks and is responsible for his own safety. There is no one else to blame

Dont bring that into this.

It has no relevance in this situation and your a POS.

Just for that you better donate $100 to the family. Dick.

No. Floyd is not a hard hitter. McGregor is also not especially determined to carry on when taking damage as he's shown us when facing Nate. So, if Floyd starts to bring the pain, McGregor will fall before taking too much damage.

For Conors sake and safety, i hope this fight last 12 rounds, and that he takes minimal damage.

But realistically, in the event that this does turn into a beat down, his corner will throw in the towel.
Your better off getting flask KO'd then going 12 rounds with those gloves on battering your brain but not turning the lights off. This is why boxers all end up in a bad way, because their brains are constantly rattled from sparring and years of abuse. Even in MMA, it's not the fight, it's the months and years of sparring that messes you up.

Last edited:
Any fight can be.
I seen someone that wound up dying from a push bc how their head landed.

Pillow fist Floyd giving Conor brain damage in just 1 boxing match?

Lol
GTFO

Of course a beating of 12 rounds can potentially be harmful.

But he has not been KO'd recently and they are not HWs.

He will be fine most likely. Battered and beat up but rich.

To ignore the possibility of Floyd doing real damage to Conor though is delusional.

Obviously the best boxer in the world trying to punch you with the best technique and timing in the world for 12 rounds worth of accumulative damage is a disturbing thought.

This will be a scary fight to watch as a McGregor fan.

Yes, very scary. We all know that Mayweather usually kills people with his philly shell and hugs.

did you see recent footage of floyd training? that old man is done for, 49-1

I'm rooting for Conor but I do believe he's going to get knocked out within 3 rounds or so. I've seen quite a bit of talk on here about " pillow fisted" Floyd and many seem to think he can't knock out Conor but I think he can and he will. So this is indeed a dangerous fight for Conor .

Nothing will happen that money can fix. This fight is all about the cheddar.

Floyds hands are pretty brittle now and I think Floyd has no problem point fighting it out for a decision. The guy doesn't like to get hurt, take any damage etc....

As a matter of fact, I believe Floyd now uses Grant orthopedic model gloves which have a layer of memory foam in them for more protection which equals even more padding.

Last edited:
Any time people are attempting to punch each other there is a risk. But I think it's minimal. Floyd is not known for hitting hard and it's just one fight.

Back