Lets be real Tony is a far better fighter then Nate

snootylol

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Striking: What exactly does Nate do better? boxing? maybe but he doesn't have the power to put Tony out.. and while Tony doesn't defend his head very well.. Diaz doesn't either and he refuses to block any type of strike other then a punch.. Winner: Tony is the better more varied striker who isn't a one trick pony (the 1,2)

Cardio: I hear some people talk about cardio but every fight that's gone to the 5th Nate has lost.. in fact he looked pretty gassed to me in the 2nd Conor fight. He throws a lot of punches true.. but at the expense of any real KO power. Tony went full out in Mexico city vs another beast who has crazy cardio in RDA the same guy who literally toyed with Diaz over 3 rounds.. Winner: Tony.. Nates cardio is incredibly overated.. Tony can go/throw hard for 5 rds straight.. Nate can go 5 with high volume but doesn't throw anywhere near the power other guys do

JJ: Both have a lot of subs.. Tony has a far easier time of implementing his jujitsu game and has subbed much better fighters then Nate has. Winner: Tony

Wrestling: No comment Winner: Tony..

Overall record/resume:
Tony is on a 10 fight streak vs the best in his division outside of Khabib (who he was meant to fight).. In his last 10 or so fights Nate can barely win more then 2 in a row before he loses a couple.. Winner: Tony by a landslide

Adaptability: Lastly and most important for me (basically why Nate has never been a great fighter).. the Diaz brothers point blank refuse to change the style they have.. either in camp or mid fight (when stuff is clearly not working).. they plod forward mindlessly and keep eating leg kicks/being taken down etc and just refuse to adapt. Tony on the other hand studies/trains all aspects of MMA and constantly wants to improve.. the guy has been behind often (he is a slow starter) and consistently finds a way to adapt and win.. people call the guy weird and maybe he is.. but he meticulously crafts how his training camp goes and picks out areas to improve

So really why would anyone want Conor to fight Diaz over Ferguson? i say this as a Conor fan also (the boxing stuff did kinda turn me off a bit tho).

Good points ts but nate vs tony would still be a close fight

Except for one thing. Nate Diaz has a win over a great champ, Conor McGregor.

Tony Ferguson hasn't beat him. Yet anyway! Wtf!

JJ: Both have a lot of subs.. Tony has a far easier time of implementing his jujitsu game and has subbed much better fighters then Nate has. Winner: Tony
BJJ isn’t all about submissions...

So really why would anyone want Conor to fight Diaz over Ferguson?
Hmm... could it be because Conor and Nate have past history and are 1-1 in their 2 fights against each other and because it would be a much bigger fight than a fight with Tony?

No comment on wrestling? Nate has some pretty slick throws against high level competition. Has tony ever even his a takedown during this 10fight winning streak?

Agreed, Nate is just a horrible matchup for Conor, he could never go on a 10 fight win streak against the best of the division.

Striking: What exactly does Nate do better? boxing? maybe but he doesn't have the power to put Tony out.. and while Tony doesn't defend his head very well.. Diaz doesn't either and he refuses to block any type of strike other then a punch.. Winner: Tony is the better more varied striker who isn't a one trick pony (the 1,2)

Cardio: I hear some people talk about cardio but every fight that's gone to the 5th Nate has lost.. in fact he looked pretty gassed to me in the 2nd Conor fight. He throws a lot of punches true.. but at the expense of any real KO power. Tony went full out in Mexico city vs another beast who has crazy cardio in RDA the same guy who literally toyed with Diaz over 3 rounds.. Winner: Tony.. Nates cardio is incredibly overated.. Tony can go/throw hard for 5 rds straight.. Nate can go 5 with high volume but doesn't throw anywhere near the power other guys do

Overall record/resume:
Tony is on a 10 fight streak vs the best in his division outside of Khabib (who he was meant to fight).. In his last 10 or so fights Nate can barely win more then 2 in a row before he loses a couple.. Winner: Tony by a landslide

Adaptability: Lastly and most important for me (basically why Nate has never been a great fighter).. the Diaz brothers point blank refuse to change the style they have.. either in camp or mid fight (when stuff is clearly not working).. they plod forward mindlessly and keep eating leg kicks/being taken down etc and just refuse to adapt. Tony on the other hand studies/trains all aspects of MMA and constantly wants to improve.. the guy has been behind often (he is a slow starter) and consistently finds a way to adapt and win.. people call the guy weird and maybe he is.. but he meticulously crafts how his training camp goes and picks out areas to improve

So really why would anyone want Conor to fight Diaz over Ferguson? i say this as a Conor fan also (the boxing stuff did kinda turn me off a bit tho).
Probably to get a repeat of this:D7D0532C-48EC-4A3A-B5B3-9CE7D8838F16.jpeg

Hmm... could it be because Conor and Nate have past history and are 1-1 in their 2 fights against each other and because it would be a much bigger fight than a fight with Tony?

Would it really be that much of a bigger fight though? The first was short notice and Conor blew his load thinking he could blow Nate out.. Second Conor adapted and added leg kicks and won a clear (3/2) imo.. As usual Nate showed no progression and hot his legs fucked up..

Conor vs anyone is a major fight now btw.. doesn't need to be Diaz who has done nothing the past year and a half

Probably to get a repeat of this:View attachment 287261

That's all well and good but that's far more likely if Tony fights Conor and last the first 2 rounds.

We saw what happened when Conor doesn't fight like a retard and throws leg kicks.. his striking has most likely improved since the 2nd fight also... while Nate seems to be just enjoying the 15/20m he made (which is fair enough)

Well Nate is insanely more popular than Tony, and a better “character”. People like to thugish/pothead image more than whatever the hell creepy thing Tony is projecting.

Nate fight would sell better than a Tony fight.

Yeah, maybe skill wise Tony is better. But what counts in the new UFC era, is drawing power and popularity and Nate is 5x betterthan Tony in that regard.

Would it really be that much of a bigger fight though? The first was short notice and Conor blew his load thinking he could blow Nate out.. Second Conor adapted and added leg kicks and won a clear (3/2) imo.. As usual Nate showed no progression and hot his legs fucked up..

Conor vs anyone is a major fight now btw.. doesn't need to be Diaz who has done nothing the past year and a half
And Conor constantly gasses. Someone with good striking defense is going to take advantage of that eventually (Besides Mayweather). But Conor will probably “retire” after his next fight so he doesn’t risk it.

Nate is a tough fight for anyone Tony wouldn't beat him easily

Tony vs Nate has potential to be fight of the year.

That's all well and good but that's far more likely if Tony fights Conor and last the first 2 rounds.

We saw what happened when Conor doesn't fight like a retard and throws leg kicks.. his striking has most likely improved since the 2nd fight also... while Nate seems to be just enjoying the 15/20m he made (which is fair enough)
Where does it say he made 15-20 mil? His payout for the first fight was $500k and the second was 2 mil. Kind of a big difference when you’re saying he made 10x his actual salary.

Where does it say he made 15-20 mil? His payout for the first fight was $500k and the second was 2 mil. Kind of a big difference when you’re saying he made 10x his actual salary.

I read an article on a few sites that Diaz made 2m but with ppv/sponsors made at least another 10m on top.. HE got ppv for the second fight that is 100% fact (in the first fight he didn't)

I agree with some of the things you say, but Nate is better at BJJ and he's a better boxer. His issue is Tony is a complete fighter and will take out his legs and go for takedowns.

Overall record/resume:

Fuck off fanboy , ole fergie would struggle with nate badly a guy just as tall and long and way better bjj then tony a more varied sub game then tony as well . Tony wont be around much longer the way he uses his face as a punching bag

It’s a pretty crucial part. Without subs Bjj is just wrestling. What would be the point of it?

no shit. I love the diaz bros but ferg is literally better everywhere. Conor only wants nate cuz he thinks its an easier fight/would sell most/least threat. That being said Ferg is gonna need to learn how to protect that chin a lil better. as one dimensional as Conor may be, his dimension is finding peoples chin.

So you agree Nate has better boxing , you say they have the same lack of head movement yet say Tony is better from being more varied ? disagree, Nate has a very underrated dirty boxing / elbows in the clinch. Nate winner.

Nate has made several people wilt with the very high pace he sets, Tony does not fight at a high pace, in fact quite the opposite he is notorious for taking it incredibly easy the first couple rounds of his fights. Nate Winner

Nate has more submission wins, and although he was subbed by Franca, Franca is quality on the ground. Tony got subbed by Jamie Toney....who the fuck is that ? Nate Winner

Neither has an advantage here

Overall record/resume:

Nate may not have the win streak but his best wins are far, far better than Tony's. To me beating better fighters with some losses > a win streak with average competition

Agree Tony winner.

Back