Let’s revisit Prime Thiago Alves

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score
alveslegkickskosh.gif

giphy.gif

Thiago was one of the most entertaining strikers to watch. Great technique, outstanding takedown defense and some of the nastiest leg kicks.

t1_medium.gif

SilkySneakyGnu.gif

alveslegkickslytle_medium.gif

He’s had some rough performances as of late but back in 2007-2011 Thiago Alves was one of the legit top welterweights in the world.

giphy.gif

Juicing should be allowed. We need to watch super humans.

He was a beast at one point. Newer fans dont realize cuz they only seen recent fights.

In kos defense, he took that fight on very short notice though.

Up there with Pat Barry for most meaningful leg kicks.

Love watching the chop down.

He was a beast at one point. Newer fans dont realize cuz they only seen recent fights.

In kos defense, he took that fight on very short notice though.
Diego would have gotten that work too

The world deserved Alves with normal-sized reach.

And he was born in the best city of the world: Fortaleza

It was so crazy to see that Thiago, a guy who was regarded as one of the biggest WWs around and even missed weight, get dwarfed by Millender.

How the times have changed. I really miss when you didn't have to be 6'1 to fight at WW.

He had the best leg kicks in my opinion.

One of my favorite fights was between him and Karo Parisyan.

I really thought he would be a threat to GSP <{chips}>

Him and Aldo man....those leg kicks

He fell off tho pretty much after gsp beat him. He fought Fitch in 2010 and I hated that fight cuz I knew Fitch was gonna decision him, which is what happened. Ever since then he’s been out of the title picture.

On of my fav fighters back in around 07-09

I think getting dominated by gsp, followed by a long series on injuries, destroyed him..

Great TDD and offensive striking for his era, but always has surprisingly bad defense, although he was super durable. Even not so techical strikers like Lytle teed off on his head.

Back