Lawler vs. Cerrone is a mismatch.

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
You have the former champion at WW who used to fight at MW.

Lawler has wins over Rory x2 and Condit, only recent loss is to current champ.

Cerrone was never champion at LW. Coming of a loss to Masvidal.

He has a couple of wins at WW but not against top competition.

Lawler is both the bigger and better fighter. Looks like a mismatch to me.

I'm a huge Lawler fan, but he has been in a lot of back to back wars. Lets see where he is at now, Cerrone is a good test.

I agree. But it should be fun though!

And Cerrone Will Win this.

Gotta love MMA!

Lawler is no longer with ATT, he's with Henry Hooft now and Hooft fighters have suspect defense.... anything goes.

<{silvanormal}>

Lawler should be favored, but Cerrone is taller, more diverse offensively, and beat Matt Brown worse (albeit later in Matt's career), it's not that much of a mismatch.

And losing to Gamebred (GOAT nickname candidate) isn't a shame.

Cerrone nor Lawler are seldom an easy fight for anyone. I think it is a great matchup. Especially for the fans.

Lawler has been out of the game for a while. Stating the obvious, but that could go one of two ways. Either he's healed and even MORE dangerous or he's rusty and will be sloppy. I'm hoping for the former and that's what I expect. Ultimately, I want Robbie to win the title again, defend it one more time and then retire.

Mismatch may be too strong a word, but yes, Robbie should wreck him.

Both fighters can win the fight. Lawler just needs to watch the Masvidal fight, and do exactly that.

Cerrone needs to go for the early finish, because Lawler is a slow starter, at times, who has been put to sleep, and was too concussed to fight on the UFC205 card.

Fair fight.

lol I read title as "rematch" then read your whole post trying to figure out what you were trying to say before I realized I was an idiot

WHO GIVE S A FOOK?? IT WILL BE ENTERTAINING. JUST BLEED

cerrone is being led to the slaughter. he doesn't like 2 fight "real fighters"/gritty strikers. cerrone can dish out ass whoopings but if he gets hit clean he's gonna panic and get killed

Lawler should be favored, but Cerrone is taller, more diverse offensively, and beat Matt Brown worse (albeit later in Matt's career), it's not that much of a mismatch.

And losing to Gamebred (GOAT nickname candidate) isn't a shame.
cerrone landed the kick on brown, but brown was winning that fight and doing real good before that.

brown was competitive with lawler, and outside of wobbling lawler once was clearly losing like every round.

idk dont use MMAth though.

Lawler by TKO is likely but it'll be good till then. It's a mismatch on paper but Cowboy has a chance with them high kicks.

Sounds like you have the opportunity to get rich.

Match ups, home boi. Mas has hands form the Gods and Cerrone's weakness has always been good boxing and wilting during key moments. Robbie is a brawler and this is not a title/contender fight, so Cerrone has nothing to worry of. Look at what Cerrone did to Matt Brown and look at how close Matt and Robbie were matched.

The whole weight class thing is over rated, with the like of Bobby Knuckles and Conor showing us the merit in fighting up.

I guarantee you this will be an exciting fight, even if Cerrone loses.

Back