Latest Rizin news: 7 bouts confirmed for July 30th

They also announced Kizaemon vs Tenshin which is listed down in the wiki area, I just haven't entered it into the system yet because they haven't announced what the rule set for that bout is. So 7 total fights with 3 more to go, one of which will be Erson Yamamoto's GP opening round bout.

Also announced that the men's GP will have 14 entrants, 8 for the women's which will start in October (only RENA is confirmed but Takada said that if Miyuu Yamamoto wins her KOTC fight next month and at this RIZIN then she will be in it)

ah right on, I thought I saw a thread on it on Wednesday but, guess it slipped my mind.

Why are they rooting for Tokoro's exit in the 1st round?

ah right on, I thought I saw a thread on it on Wednesday but, guess it slipped my mind.

Why are they rooting for Tokoro's exit in the 1st round?
Tokoro is a bit of a glass cannon where he can beat most guys but also lose to some randoms on any given day (comes with his style), they really wanted this fight to happen so they didn't want to risk Tokoro losing to someone else

Tokoro is a bit of a glass cannon where he can beat most guys but also lose to some randoms on any given day (comes with his style), they really wanted this fight to happen so they didn't want to risk Tokoro losing to someone else

makes sense. guess if he gets the W it'll bring some excitement to 2nd round.

Ok
Sounds logic, i'm convinced

I love when Rizin make an announcement that they are going to make a press conference in which they announce they are going to make another announcement later.

They also announced Kizaemon vs Tenshin which is listed down in the wiki area, I just haven't entered it into the system yet because they haven't announced what the rule set for that bout is. So 7 total fights with 3 more to go, one of which will be Erson Yamamoto's GP opening round bout.

Also announced that the men's GP will have 14 entrants, 8 for the women's which will start in October (only RENA is confirmed but Takada said that if Miyuu Yamamoto wins her KOTC fight next month and at this RIZIN then she will be in it)

Tenshin vs Saiga is the GOAT fight that has ever been made and can't nobody in the whole fucking world tell me otherwise.

So 7 total fights with 3 more to go, one of which will be Erson Yamamoto's GP opening round bout.

Yup, plus Garcia confirmed on her social media she's gonna be fighting on the card as well, which would leave 1 or 2 more fights. Gabert has also said in an interview that she'll be fighting for RIZIN again but didnt mention a date.

I don't really have much interest in a BW tournament. Don't get me wrong I like watching the little guys, but I don't have much interest outside of the top 10 when it comes to that weight class.

I think Rizin should focus on HW's and LHW's and work with orgs like M-1 and KSW. They could test some of those prospects with some of Bellators top guys. Big dudes under Pride Rules and freak show fights is what I want to see when it comes to Rizin.

Who doesn't like a good old freakshow fight ?

this will be the 4th fight this year for King Reina. Wow

Fingers crossed that Tenshin/Kizaemon is a k1 fight. Haven't had a high profile karate v karate match in awhile.

King Reina reminds me of Naoya Ogawa without world class judo credentials.
Only get matched up with stylistically easy freakshow fights, go over the top with rasslin' gimmick, will eventually fight with the real top dog of the division (Gabi).

But will I watch her fight in Rizin? Hell yeah.

Andy Souwer just won an MMA fight in Holland yesterday. No videos yet but we'll see.

Hopefully he gets a good (winnable) matchup this time.

Easy ass fight for King Reina and old crazy eyes is back (Kitaoka).

Not too much to get excited about with that card.

Easy ass fight for King Reina and old crazy eyes is back (Kitaoka).
Tougher fight for her than people think imo. She's giving up a ton of size and Tapa has been training with high level fighters and coaches since the Gabi fight and winning grappling competitions. We also saw that she can crack when she quickly dropped Gabi in their fight. Gabi wasn't able to really grapple her much either.

I love Pride and I want to love Rizin (been to 3 shows now)... but until they pay all their fighters for the past 2 shows I can't fully be on board.

I love Pride and I want to love Rizin (been to 3 shows now)... but until they pay all their fighters for the past 2 shows I can't fully be on board.
<{1-9}>

Where's those paychecks at, you Yakuza errand boys?

Back