Last Main Event with both fighters coming off loses?

PeterTheGreat

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I didn't look before because I assume at least someone is coming off a win, but Perez lost his last 3 and Nicolau lost his last fight as well.
I didn't do anymore research than that

So when was the last time we had a main event with both fighters coming off a loss? Not to mention these two are practical nobodies, with all due respect.
I know we know them but even I didn't care enough to check up on their records until the shit was over

I didn't look before because I assume at least someone is coming off a win, but Perez lost his last 3 and Nicolau lost his last fight as well.

So when was the last time we had a main event with both fighters coming off a loss? Not to mention these two are practical nobodies, with all due respect.
I know we know them but even I didn't care enough to check up on their records until the shit was over
Perez is a last minute remplacement though.

Conor vs chandler

UFC PI...the brand sells those cards, not the names, hasnt happened yet, but...Conor vs Cerrone, another PPV main event with fighters coming off loses.

Honestly people are a little too critical about loses. NFL fans don't get mad when they spend the whole night watching 2 teams that lost their last match if they are decent. There are MMA fighters who lose almost every fight that I look forward to watching because they bring it. Not everyone in UFC should be undefeated and some just have a bad year or injury that they might seem off some fights.

Back