Last game you played that you considered a masterpiece 10/10.

Yes. I've played a lot of RPG , action games my whole life (almost 40) Nier automata main story and especially side stories were at the top of my list . I love the multiple playthroughs that explain the main storyline even further.

The philosophy in the game also makes you really take a look at yourself , especially at the end.
I recently bought Nier and am playing though it now and really liking it. I actually bought it because I wanna understand the Steamed Hams but its Nier Automata video. Those Steamed Hams video slay me to no end 😅

I recently bought Nier and am playing though it now and really liking it. I actually bought it because I wanna understand the Steamed Hams but its Nier Automata video. Those Steamed Hams video slay me to no end 😅

I actually found nier automata by accident, it was on game plans on Xbox. I'm not sure if nier was originally on PlayStation first or nier just didn't get pushed like other RPG, but man I was in for a treat.

The story is crazy.

I don't think I've ever played any 10's but these are masterpieces to me at least. In no particular order...

Deus-Ex
Mass Effect 2
ESPN NFL 2K5

@Zer If you're a William Gibson fan, and you haven't played Deus-Ex, check it out.

I don't think I've ever played any 10's but these are masterpieces to me at least. In no particular order...

Deus-Ex
Mass Effect 2
ESPN NFL 2K5

@Zer If you're a William Gibson fan, and you haven't played Deus-Ex, check it out.

Yeah I've played all the Deus Ex games. Deus Ex and Human Revolution are 10/10 easy. I wasn't so hot on the other two

Deus-Ex
Mass Effect 2
ESPN NFL 2K5

If any game needs a ground up remake it's the OG Deus Ex. I love the Adam Jensen games though.

Deus-Ex
Mass Effect 2
ESPN NFL 2K5

My first ME2 playthrough was as a Vanguard and holy hell that was the right choice. The first time I used charge and a dude went flying and I blasted his buddy point blank with a shotgun I was losing it

Elden Ring pulled me back in from a huge gaming drought, I can still put in alot of time in that game to this day and find something new after multiple playthroughs. Honorable mention to Zelda Tears and Mario Odyssey, played both on a long road trip and realized how much I'd been missing out by not having a Switch.

Thought about Spiderman as well but the combat repetition fatigue hit bad towards the end and the sneak MJ parts dropped it for me.

Not a "masterpiece", but a game I played most recently that just went down like a great T-Bone steak, that I had no real complaints about, was "The Evil Within 2"

It's more "underrated", but honestly, it's one of the best survival horror games I've ever played. It's so damn tight in every area.
very underrated. it's good. improves on the controls of the first one. i liked the feel of the first one more though. but 2 improved on every other point. the first one is one of the hardest survival horror games i've played. once i figured out the combos with the bows/arrows though i started doing better. blockhead was a cool concept/character too. shinji mikami, a legend.

these games i keep coming back to, and are 10/10s in my opinyon.

- chrono trigger
- RE2 original PSX
- RE1 original PSX
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Demons Souls
- Dark Souls
- Diablo 2 / LOD
- FF 6, 7, 9, 10
- Ocarina of Time
- Crash Bandicoot 2
- Xenosaga series
- many more

It has problems. That I cannot deny. Also cannot deny putting 700+ hours into it.

Age of Wonders 4 is a game tailor made for me. All the things I love about strategy games, with the things I do not, removed. Not everyone’s cup of tea, and many wish for this and that to be changed in it, but i love it.

Last edited:
Good choice. I remember Sifu came out around the same time as Elden Ring, Forbidden West, and GT7 and call me crazy but I might have enjoyed that one the most. Thinking back on it that one is pretty close to a 10. I even managed to beat the game at age 20 before they added easy mode. I died so many times I lost count but it was fun enough that I kept pushing forward because of how much I enjoyed the combat system was. Nioh 2 is another one that I nearly gave a 10 but more of a 9 or 9.5
It had a lot going for it and it made you feel like a total badass the better you got. It was peak fun grinding to clear the game at age 0. It was fun in all the right ways. I hope for another.

Back