Lasha Talakhadze 220 KG Snatch (New WR)

That guy made winning the world championship look easy. Salimi was just obliterated, And Talakhadze obviously had plenty left in the tank.

And it's not like the top competition was missing in his weight class. I guess an in-form Lovchev would have been a serious challenger, but even his best total (a tainted 475) wouldn't have beaten Lasha's 477.

Is there someone else I'm missing? If not, Talakhadze is going to reign for a long time. He's still just 24, for christ's sake.

That guy made winning the world championship look easy. Salimi was just obliterated, And Talakhadze obviously had plenty left in the tank.

And it's not like the top competition was missing in his weight class. I guess an in-form Lovchev would have been a serious challenger, but even his best total (a tainted 475) wouldn't have beaten Lasha's 477.

Is there someone else I'm missing? If not, Talakhadze is going to reign for a long time. He's still just 24, for christ's sake.

Lovchev would definitely be the biggest threat to Lasha. All of these guys are on shit, just a matter of who gets caught. Lasha got popped back in 2013 I believe.

Outside of Lovchev, Alihosseini is the only guy I could see challenging him. Alihosseini was feeling the jitters on his opening snatch at 203 (he’s the junior WR holder in all 3 categories) from the long ban. The strength is clearly there. He hit 251 on the C&J pretty easy. I could see him being a 210/260 guy in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back