Lake Monsters and Sea Serpents

Can't forget this guy:
PAY-Tourist-snaps-unknown-sea-monster-while-on-holiday-in-Corfu.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/mystery-sea-creature-photobombs-brits-6714478

Greco-Roman mosaic from Carthage

Roman mirror

Last edited:
I know I’m going to take some heat for this, but I think modern man knew dinosaurs first hand. Aboriginal cave paintings in Australia, legends from the Congo, Thunderbirds from the American Southwest and Mexico, stories from Paupa New Guinea, descriptions in the book of Job. It’s too much to simply dismiss.

I have to agree with this.

Lots of tales of knights or warriors killing dragons too.

Susanoo
slaying the Yamata no Orochi

Kuniteru_Gozu_dragon.jpg

Saint George slaying the dragon

Apparently in China they were taming dragons. Would be pretty cool if true.

Figure-15-Chinese-Dragon-Riders-by-Wu-Bin-18-arhats.jpg

Can't forget that the Chinese love to grind up bones for medicine.

Last edited:
You are absolutely missing my point. I’m not going to try to explain it to you again.
Where do you think the idea of dragons came from?

Where do you think the idea of ghosts came from? Fairies? How about vampires? Or literally any other mythical creature. Someone imagined it. And then it spread.

The fact you can't grasp such a simple concept speaks volumes about your reasoning. Or lack thereof.

I've been to Corfu's sea caves!

Btw that seem definitely cetacean skin, i don't know if fit the year period or geographic area, but i guess a cub whale

Must have been nice! Seems like the perfect place to give birth to a baby sea creature.

I have to agree with this.

Lots of tales of knights or warriors killing dragons too.

Susanoo
slaying the Yamata no Orochi

Kuniteru_Gozu_dragon.jpg

Saint George slaying the dragon

Apparently in China they were taming dragons. Would be pretty cool if true.

Figure-15-Chinese-Dragon-Riders-by-Wu-Bin-18-arhats.jpg

Can't forget that the Chinese love to grind up bones for medicine.

There's a theory that we have a deep-rooted fear of serpents because they were the most successful predator that fed on us for millions of years when we live in the trees. We're hard-wired to fear them.

But imaginations from all over the world producing the same fictional creature? Seems doubtful. Why is it so hard to believe that these myths MIGHT be rooted in truth?

You've been told repeatedly now that the concept of dragons has been around for thousands of years and spread through every culture. Same as ghosts, demons and tons of other myths. You're ignoring reality.

Where do you think the idea of ghosts came from? Fairies? How about vampires? Or literally any other mythical creature. Someone imagined it. And then it spread.

The fact you can't grasp such a simple concept speaks volumes about your reasoning. Or lack thereof.
Not every culture has these things.

You've been told repeatedly now that the concept of dragons has been around for thousands of years and spread through every culture.
My man, that’s EXACTLY my point. I’m glad we agree on this point. Why does every culture have stories of dragons/sea serpents? I’m theorizing that our ancestors knew dinosaurs (dragons).

I've been to Corfu's sea caves!

Btw that seem definitely cetacean skin, i don't know if fit the year period or geographic area, but i guess a cub whale

I've looked into that in the past, a few people suggested it's a squid that's appearing at an odd angle and they posted pictures to support the theory that convinced me that they were correct.

You've been told repeatedly now that the concept of dragons has been around for thousands of years and spread through every culture. Same as ghosts, demons and tons of other myths. You're ignoring reality.

You're talking out of your butt. I'd respect you if you at least admitted that you're talking out of your butt, but you won't.

You have no idea if dragons, ghosts, demons, etc. exist or have ever actually existed. Not for sure. You THINK they never existed, but you do not know that. That's your OPINION, and that's all it is.

Yet you and others like you are SO full of themselves you go around talking to others about "reality" as if you or anyone else truly understands the nature of reality. Hint: you don't. no one does. And the fact that you are so close minded and bias in your opinions does not make you scientific, it makes you the opposite, actually. And the fact that you are so convinced of your supreme intellect in such matters makes you the worst kind of stupid. Imo.

Last edited:
My man, that’s EXACTLY my point. I’m glad we agree on this point. Why does every culture have stories of dragons/sea serpents? I’m theorizing that our ancestors knew dinosaurs (dragons).

Its a terrible theory because you can literally use the exact same logic for all these other myths.

Different cultures tell stories about magic. Therefore magic must exist.

Different cultures tell stories about ghosts. Therefore ghosts must exist.

Different cultures tell stories about mermaids. Therefore mermaids must exist.

This is the logic you're using.

Congrats, you're right under 'bad butt jokes' in the footnote section of "things I laugh at because they're stupid". Must be quite an accomplishment for you.

Is that why you're celebrating, or is it because that's an upgrade from the current basement you occupy?

<{Heymansnicker}>

What's the percentage of lakes explored in this thread titled Lake Monsters?

...wow. Hey genius, google "how to read a thread title" then come back to this thread and get laughed at more.

Just try not to smash the report button every time someone brings reason into one of these threads, gulliboys(especially you Agent Mulder's Bush). It gives away how affected you guys get when people explain reality to you.
tenor.gif

Its a terrible theory because you can literally use the exact same logic for all these other myths.

Different cultures tell stories about magic. Therefore magic must exist.

Different cultures tell stories about ghosts. Therefore ghosts must exist.

Different cultures tell stories about mermaids. Therefore mermaids must exist.

This is the logic you're using.
Magic does exist. It's called technology.

How do you know that ghosts don't exist? Perhaps there's more to reality than what you see in the 3 dimensional universe. Perhaps our brains and biology bind to something else. Perhaps they're just a recording in some medium that we don't know about. Like a there are images of objects burned onto glass by the sun; perhaps ghosts are a recording through some unknown method.

There are many explanations.

You just need to be more open minded.

You're talking out of your butt. I'd respect you if you at least admitted that you're talking out of your butt, but you won't.

You have no idea if dragons, ghosts, demons, etc. exist or have ever actually existed. Not for sure. You THINK they never existed, but you do not know that. That's your OPINION, and that's all it is.

Yet you and others like you are SO full of themselves you go around talking to others about "reality" as if you or anyone else truly understands the nature of reality. Hint: you don't. no one does. And the fact that you are so close minded and bias in your opinions does not make you scientific, it makes you the opposite, actually. And the fact that you are so convinced of your supreme intellect in such matters makes you the worst kind of stupid. Imo.

Oh look, a grown man who can't form an opinion. Grow some balls and take a side. The world isn't going to end if you make up your mind on Slender Man being a fictional character or real.

Because we lived in trees for millions of years, and snakes were really good at hunting us.

Lol relevance here. This ain't your thread homeboy. Shut your hole and go find Bigfoot.

You're right. This thread about Lake Monsters and Sea Serpents is all yours. Solid win Tucker, but if you wanna find your mom, hire a PI. Don't ask me.

Back