KYOKUSHIN

I'll look through these later and see if I can find anything.

this is great stuff, i just wish they had shorter clips, a kyokushin version of muay thai minute or warrior collective would be awesome. its hard to sitdown and watch a full hour, sort through it, remember it all, etc.

does anyone know of any legit kyokushin gyms in socal?

to the op, it's more that we have no choice in shinkyokushin but to utilise kicks from all distances since pretty much all fights are in the 'pocket', toe to toe as close as elbow distance a lot of the times. compared to a muay thai kick, you still use the hip but it's more a snap and the angle you drive your leg into their leg if you get what I mean but also knowing what part of the quads to strike with. so you're kinda snapping/striking downwards but in a 45 degree angle in a way. practice would probably be the best explanation haha.

'head kick in jeans'

it's as simple as head kicking with shorts.... obviously not as comfortable but unless you're wearing tighter jeans that my girl's (than you should stick to ballet dancing), I don't see how there's any difference.

kicking range is longer than a punch or an elbows fyi....

Okey, what if you don't wear jeans? Say in the middle of winter? All that practise for head kicks is gone to waste. My TaeKwondo intstructor is quite open about high kicks being poor self defence tool. What if it lands on the shoulder,?

Okey, what if you don't wear jeans? Say in the middle of winter? All that practise for head kicks is gone to waste. My TaeKwondo intstructor is quite open about high kicks being poor self defence tool. What if it lands on the shoulder,?

lol I guess if you don't know how to throw head kicks with proper technique (for example, if you're kicking shoulders...) then you're right.. you probably shouldn't be throwing any head kicks at all.....

lol I guess if you don't know how to throw head kicks with proper technique (for example, if you're kicking shoulders...) then you're right.. you probably shouldn't be throwing any head kicks at all.....

What? You can't guarantee a kick will land at its intended point of impact.

What? You can't guarantee a kick will land at its intended point of impact.

lol like I said man if you're kicking the shoulder you're doing it wrong. the whole purpose of a kick is to ensure it lands on it's 'intended point of impact' ...

you don't leg kick any part of the leg for the sake of a leg kick...

have a mate or a training partner hold his arm out, shoulder height and aim to kick over that arm by raising your knee first then turning with your hip.

there's a difference between kicking a shoulder (e.g. not knowing how to head kick) and your head kick being blocked or missing the distance/timing of the head kick..

lol like I said man if you're kicking the shoulder you're doing it wrong. the whole purpose of a kick is to ensure it lands on it's 'intended point of impact' ...

you don't leg kick any part of the leg for the sake of a leg kick...

have a mate or a training partner hold his arm out, shoulder height and aim to kick over that arm by raising your knee first then turning with your hip.

there's a difference between kicking a shoulder (e.g. not knowing how to head kick) and your head kick being blocked or missing the distance/timing of the head kick..

Yeah and I was referring to timing problems. Not only that, the leg can be grabbed and the kicker picked up and slammed down to the ground, which Ray Mercer did to Musashi in K1 (fight had to be stopped).

this is great stuff, i just wish they had shorter clips, a kyokushin version of muay thai minute or warrior collective would be awesome. its hard to sitdown and watch a full hour, sort through it, remember it all, etc.
youtube lets you stop the vid at any moment and copy the link at that specific time. so if you find a bunch of techniques you like you can just copy at that time and paste it to a word folder for reference.

youtube lets you stop the vid at any moment and copy the link at that specific time. so if you find a bunch of techniques you like you can just copy at that time and paste it to a word folder for reference.

yeah, its just a overwhelming amount of info basically. but its good stuff. Just need to take the time to watch it.

Yeah and I was referring to timing problems. Not only that, the leg can be grabbed and the kicker picked up and slammed down to the ground, which Ray Mercer did to Musashi in K1 (fight had to be stopped).

lool

more training, less watching for you buddy.

Always wanted to study kyokushin but there's nowhere here. Infact karate gyms are real slim pickings here. I remember back in the 90s there were loads of places to train but karate has died, here atleast.

Always wanted to study kyokushin but there's nowhere here. Infact karate gyms are real slim pickings here. I remember back in the 90s there were loads of places to train but karate has died, here atleast.

A karate gym and a kyokushin fighting gym I think are two different things. Like comparing the UFC gym to wildcard boxing gym. That being said, finding a real kyokushin fight team in the US Im sure is hard. Your best luck would probably be to find a "old man" who learned in japan and happens to live in the US. Not someone running a gym but learning in the garage type thing. Im sure theres guys in the US that know kyokushin, but I doubt they are running gyms.

A karate gym and a kyokushin fighting gym I think are two different things. Like comparing the UFC gym to wildcard boxing gym. That being said, finding a real kyokushin fight team in the US Im sure is hard. Your best luck would probably be to find a "old man" who learned in japan and happens to live in the US. Not someone running a gym but learning in the garage type thing. Im sure theres guys in the US that know kyokushin, but I doubt they are running gyms.
And then when some guys from the local cobra kai give me grief I can sort them out at the San Fernando all valley tournament?

Back