Kpop/Jpop Music Station Thread

new TWICE japanese release:

probably their best japanese single i'd say. still behind their korean stuff, but it's decent.

hilarious MV though. reminds me of AOA's Like a Cat.

I'm really liking the song. The video is by far the best they have released I think since Cheer Up.

new from CoCoSoRi's CoCo:

high quality as usual.

The official debut track for LOOΠΔ has arrived! <YayKpop>

It's a good debut song to start off with. It's pretty damn catchy.

this popped up on my yt reccomendations cuz I've been watching too many Twice vids; and I didn't realize just how bad Jpop is. Is this the low quality trash Japan is bringing to this firefight? No wonder kpop is stomping them even on their home soil.

Unfortunately for you, there's a k-pop vs j-pop survival show going on right now and the Japanese girls are winning. The top 12 form a new girl group and all of the top 3 are Japanese right now. Based on vocal/dance evaluations they're dominating as well. Here's the top 10 from the 3 evaluations so far:

1. Miho Miyazaki: 92 (1st) L - 559 (1st) - 42 (1st)
  2. Miru Shiroma: 112 (1st) - 469 (1st) - 79 (1st)
  3. Sae Murase: 138 (1st) - 477 (1st) 1st overall - 56 (2nd)
  4. Sakura Miyawaki: 164 (1st) - 384 (3rd) - 99 (1st)
  5. Nako Yabuki: 330 (1st) MV 1st overall - 511 (3rd) - 76 (1st)
  6. Jo Yu-ri: 152 (1st) - 511 (1st) C - 59 (3rd)
  7. Kwon Eun-bi: 24 (6th) L - 450 (1st) L C - 65 (1st) L
  8. Kim Chae-won: 104 (2nd) - 550 (1st) L - 63 (2nd) C
  9. Miu Shitao 116: (1st) - 369 (3rd) C - 37 (2nd)
  10. Park Hae-yoon: 50 (3rd) L - 543 (1st) C - 55 (2nd) L
Notice how the top 5 are all Japanese? Only Koreans are allowed to vote in this btw.

Also, "stomping them even on their home soil"? Let's check out the Oricon Chart for 2010-2018.

ljFnwLZ.png

Whoops, this needs to be updated to include AKB48's Teacher Teacher which sold 2 million copies in May/June, and Nogizaka46's Synchronicity which told 1.4 million. You really don't know this industry very well, do you?

Unfortunately for you, there's a k-pop vs j-pop survival show going on right now and the Japanese girls are winning. The top 12 form a new girl group and all of the top 3 are Japanese right now. Based on vocal/dance evaluations they're dominating as well. Here's the top 10 from the 3 evaluations so far:

1. Miho Miyazaki: 92 (1st) L - 559 (1st) - 42 (1st)
  2. Miru Shiroma: 112 (1st) - 469 (1st) - 79 (1st)
  3. Sae Murase: 138 (1st) - 477 (1st) 1st overall - 56 (2nd)
  4. Sakura Miyawaki: 164 (1st) - 384 (3rd) - 99 (1st)
  5. Nako Yabuki: 330 (1st) MV 1st overall - 511 (3rd) - 76 (1st)
  6. Jo Yu-ri: 152 (1st) - 511 (1st) C - 59 (3rd)
  7. Kwon Eun-bi: 24 (6th) L - 450 (1st) L C - 65 (1st) L
  8. Kim Chae-won: 104 (2nd) - 550 (1st) L - 63 (2nd) C
  9. Miu Shitao 116: (1st) - 369 (3rd) C - 37 (2nd)
  10. Park Hae-yoon: 50 (3rd) L - 543 (1st) C - 55 (2nd) L
Notice how the top 5 are all Japanese? Only Koreans are allowed to vote in this btw.

Also, "stomping them even on their home soil"? Let's check out the Oricon Chart for 2010-2018.

ljFnwLZ.png

Whoops, this needs to be updated to include AKB48's Teacher Teacher which sold 2 million copies in May/June, and Nogizaka46's Synchronicity which told 1.4 million. You really don't know this industry very well, do you?
I don't know the details of that game show you refer to, but if the Japanese contestants are winning then it solidifies my point that the kpop industry is superior; because Jpop can't create stars for overseas markets despite having talented performers. And AKB48 is a juggernaut in Japan so I don't expect Korean artists to top them. But Kpop routinely outsells Jpop in Japan.

I don't know the details of that game show you refer to, but if the Japanese contestants are winning then it solidifies my point that the kpop industry is superior; because Jpop can't create stars for overseas markets despite having talented performers. And AKB48 is a juggernaut in Japan so I don't expect Korean artists to top them. But Kpop routinely outsells Jpop in Japan.
The Japanese contestants are AKB48 members. It's AKB members vs Korean idols.

Kpop doesn't outsell top Jpop groups like 48g, Sakamichi, or Johnny's. There wasn't a single Kpop song in the top 10 in Oricon's Yearly Sale Rankings last year. In the top 50 there were 2 BTS songs and 1 Twice song. How is that stomping?

Your point doesn't make any sense. The Japanese music market is worth over 5 times that of South Korea's. Jpop doesn't need international appeal and doesn't seek it. AKB48 blocked their videos on YouTube outside of Japan until about a year ago. AKB48 has an entirely different system to milk fans outside of Japan.

and what system is that and how does it reach a global audience?
Instead of promoting AKB to a global audience, Aki-P (the head of AKB) brings the AKB system to different countries. So he's started JKT48 (Jakarta), SNH48 (Shanghai), BNK48 (Bangkok), MNL48 (Manila), and MUM48 (Mumbai). SNH48 is so successful it spawned sister groups in 4 other cities. Aki-P plans on starting sister groups throughout Asia then expanding further.

LOONA's debut stage performance of 'Hi High' is out.

BTS drops single featuring Nicki Minaj called Idol

Last edited:
Produce48 is over and i'd trade Hyewon for Miu.

I'm tired.........I need Himetan to beam me some power.

Miyu and Kaeun...<2>

Well at least the good thing is that Yena, Eunbi, Yuri, and Chaeyeon were able to make it to debut. FeelsGoodMan

IMO K-Pop typically has a bit more western flair that makes it more approachable to westerners.

CoCoSoRi's Sori's first solo release:

so, this is a self-aware MV and sori's obviously having a lot of fun with it. i think the music itself is nothing special, but the MV is something to behold. obviously coco and sori have been increasingly doing their own thing, but i still long for the days of Dark Circle and Exquisite (and i like Mi Amor as well, but it was a big change in style and i prefer their early releases).

unfortunately though, there can be only one Touch:

New title track from Sunmi.

Yep, another bop delivered. <5>

New title track from Sunmi.

Yep, another bop delivered. <5>

someone stop her, this woman is too talented.

the only critique i'd give would be the usual problem of the rap break seeming too out of place, but it allows the chorus to come back in a kind of triumphant way which is great, and the song is a killer otherwise.

This was so far ahead of it's time 4 years ago.........possibly still too far ahead for it's own good.

This also had a lot of promise 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Back