Kongo vs Lashley [what if]

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
why is not Bellator booking this? they dont have a HW champ, maybe they need to make a mini tournament

Lashley wouldn't fight Kongo. They need a guy with a 4-17 record for him to fight.

I think Lashley takes it. Since his earliest days in the UFC, Kongo's transformed from a kickboxer to a wrestler--who loves to pin opponents against the cage and dirty box (and dirty knee, grab shorts, grab the cage, etc.).

This doesn't work when he fights a better wrestler. King Mo was an example, and Lashley is a lot bigger than Mo.

How many threads do we need asking why lashley never fights anyone decent or why theres no hw champ in bellator they have no idea how to promote that dovision and it has become apparent

Lashley wants nothing to do with any decent-good opponents, he has proved that through out his MMA career.

I think Lashley takes it. Since his earliest days in the UFC, Kongo's transformed from a kickboxer to a wrestler--who loves to pin opponents against the cage and dirty box (and dirty knee, grab shorts, grab the cage, etc.).

This doesn't work when he fights a better wrestler. King Mo was an example, and Lashley is a lot bigger than Mo.

It would work against Lashley, even if Lashley managed to get Kongo down, he isn't going to finish him and he's not going to be able to hold him down for 3 rounds without gassing. Kongo via TKO. Mo is a much better wrestler, striker, and overall athlete than Lashley, Lashley really just has size and that's it.

They want to hang that Bellator HW title on Fedor...if he loses to meathead then we will likely see some movement towards a tournament like they did at LHW for a contender (I hope).

They want to hang that Bellator HW title on Fedor...if he loses to meathead then we will likely see some movement towards a tournament like they did at LHW for a contender (I hope).

Having Fedor as a champ, (let's say, one fight after Mitrione's) would be a really bad idea
He will win the belt and go away or retire after 1 more fight, letting the division without a champ again

Back