Kongo, seriously?

Nice run

It should be Sergei vs. Kongo next

Minakov vs Mitrione

Pretty sure the main reason Kongo isn't a participant is because him and Page are like brothers and would never fight.

This is number 1 bullshit

Derrick Lewis who was knocked out by Matt mitrione under 1 minute is fighting for a ufc title

Kongo also holds a win over volkov who’s was dominating Lewis until the last 20 seconds of the fight — he would be top 10 in ufc easy

Tim Johnson was a top 10 ufc hw

Bellator hw division is just as good as ufc at this point
Should also be said Javy Ayala KO'd Sergei not long ago, Sakai only has one defeat, even Johnson has just come out of a 4-3 UFC record

If he beat Mo he'd be in. Maybe this is what motivated him. I'd expect him to be in line for a title shot and some promotion from Bellator.

Let's not mention Mo was the last guy to beat him or anything.
It was the crown that got him in over Kongo.have you looked at their records since their split decision "fight"?Kongo went 6-0.Mo has 2 Ls.

Kongo said himself that although he didn't perform the way he wished he had, a win is still a win. I tend to agree. Give the man a chance.

Who thought we wouldn’t see an injury through 6 fights

I'll admit that I'm a Kongo fan, but the narrative that he's some nutshot artist when it all basically stems from one match is sort of absurd. Cro Cop didn't like getting clinched and tried to sell it, and Kongo later admitted that he hit him a couple of times (intentionally, which is dirty) because Cro Cop was whining and trying to get out of that position.

The other time was Al Turk, and he kneed Kongo first, starting the whole sequence (Kongo later admitted that it was an accident but he knew how it looked in response).

Other than that, he's the one who's been constantly kneed/kicked/eblowed in the groin by Minakov, Graham, Jordan, Al Turk, etc.

And as for the King Mo match... I mean c'mon. The guy was terrified of being hit by Kongo and blanketed him for the whole match. People accuse Cheick of boring fights, but Mo landed like no offense the whole fight. He just held him down.

You can't help but respect a guy who is 43, seemingly doesn't cheat (and is outspoken about a clean sport) and just wins. The dude has one two-loss sequence in his whole career. You look at the warzone that is Mir or Big Country's records now... the longevity for Kongo is impressive, and he finds ways to win. But he also owns his losses, which is important. They're part of who he is.

Hilarious the dumba_ _ reasoning from the MMA hipsters on this topic why Kongo was left out of the Tournament. The only reason is because of a limited mindset overrated promoter Scott Coker. He will always give the fans the matchup they don't want to see and like P.T. Barnum, he will try to sell you that it's a fight you really wanted to see in the first place. Unsuccessfully with the casuals I might add. Cheick Kongo and Bobby Lashley and Sergei Kharitonov and Justin Wren should have been in this tournament. It was stupid to bring in a slumping Roy Nelson and busted steriod users Chael Sonnen and Frank Mir and number one lightweight contender at the time, King Mo. Now who wants to see King Mo vs Ryan Bader for the Bellator Light Heavyweight title?

Back