KO fightgear / MT bag A+++++

SAAMAG

Striking Asshole and Mutherfuckin Awesome Guy
@Brown
Reaction score
Just ordered a 130lb banana bag to replace my current free standing bag that I broke. I spoke with Neil over at KO fightgear, and let me tell you, this guy is the most sincere individual you will ever meet! I was very impressed with his knowledge on the subject and the fact that he actually goes beyond the sale to educate his customers on what they're buying and how it is made. This is the kind of integrity based service one should expect from all businesses, but unfortunately it is few and far between.

The bag itself I have obviously not received yet, but I'll continue this thread with a review when I do.

So before you guys go and buy and brand name that isn't filled, or one that's filled with sand or whatever...give Neil a call over at fightgear first and have a conversation about what it takes to make a good heavy bag.

Good information and it's nice of you to mention it here. It helps a business when people give a good review here on Sherdog.

Im all about helping those businesses that help others. I work for a company that is nothing but integrity based....so I like to spread the word when I can.

I think of businesses and consumers as having a mutual relationship. If the business delivers a good product and better service, a consumer should feel obligated to help that business to grow just as the business has helped them grow (in terms of getting the needs of the consumer met).

I'll follow up soon enough with a review on the bag since I should be receiving it within the next 5 business days.

I did a review on it a few years back but I'd love to see what you have to say about it. I think you'll enjoy it very much.

I've heard good things about KO. Never bought anything from them myself. But a training partner has their shin gaurds and absolutely loves them. I'll stick to my fairtex, but Ko seems high quality too.

I had the same experience with Neil. I've been using the same bag you're getting next to a Title Big Bang for about 6 weeks now, and I can tell that the KO is going to last forever, while the Big Bang will not.

The difference is that KO uses a vinyl that appears similar to that found in inflatable boats- not the cheap ones, but Zodiacs and the like. It is very rubbery, flexible, and durable. Title uses a synthetic leather that is very stiff, and the stitching holes are already starting to stretch.

Also, the KO breaks in very nicely, and the bottom does not get hard. The Title Bag has ended up too soft on top and rock hard on bottom, and I use it for much less than the KO bag.

The KO bag will not win any beauty contests, but who buys these things to look at. <g>

Awesome, that's good to hear about the durability. As far as beauty -- you can't beat basic black.

I've bought gloves, headgear, and shin guards from KO Fightgear and they are all amazing pieces of equipment. They were also really cheap. Great company.

Hey guys....I just got the bag up tonight and banged on it for a little while. This is by far...the BEST bag that I've ever worked with! It's exterior construction is such that I don't get skin abrasions, there are no seams that create hard ridges on the sides, the filling is absolutely superb -- not too hard, not too soft -- just spot on. It came with the chains to hang it, and a swivel hook.

I can't wait for tomorrow's session on the bag.

I also decided to go with the century cornerman stand with this bag. It eliminated my having to attach the bag to my house, and having a finished garage that was a relief. The stand holds up pretty nicely to most drills on the bag...no side kicks though. It can take some lighter front teeps, the round kicks at (my) full power, and any of my punches...but not the side kicks.

Well...that's it...hope this helps anyone else that might be in the market!

Next time my gear needs replacing, I'll be more than glad to check out KO fight gear.

Does anyone have any experience with the face-saver headgear? I just ordered two of them and wanted to see if anyone had any experience.

I bought them for myself and my main sparring partner because the regular headgear doesn't really do much to protect the nose (and my partner is jewish and says not to hit his big nose).

I also practice wing chun and wanted to make sure that the straight punches were for the most part protected against.

Anyone have experience with the effectiveness of the faceguard to take straights?

Neil helped me out as well with my Thai bag. Very nice guy, and the bag is amazing. I'd definitely recommend this company as well.

Thought I'd give a follow up.

The bag is holding up superbly! The bottom loop came off because over time the stand sagged a little and I didn't notice the bottom was rubbing on the concrete floor. The original "S" ring wore out as well which contributed to the sag and I've replaced it.

Bag still feels great, stuffing is still in there, and I
it's still taking full power kicks and punches.

Definitely a high mileage product!

Thought I'd give a follow up.

The bag is holding up superbly! The bottom loop came off because over time the stand sagged a little and I didn't notice the bottom was rubbing on the concrete floor. The original "S" ring wore out as well which contributed to the sag and I've replaced it.

Bag still feels great, stuffing is still in there, and I
it's still taking full power kicks and punches.

Definitely a high mileage product!

They are experts in bag stuffing...high quality filler and the perfect density. My only complaint is their non-leather shell. I would gladly pay extra for a leather KO bag.

I bought some headgear from KO a few years ago.

The quality is phenomenal and the prices are
reasonable.

I found Neil to be very customer service oriented and friendly, too.

+1 for KOFG. Currently rocking their sparring gloves and regular headgear!

Back