KO Fight Gear Extra Thick Thai Pads Review

Hank15

White Belt
Reaction score
What's up guys.

This will be my first review.

I was lurking on this forum over winter break and I constantly ran into reviews about KO Fight Gear equipment.

So I thought what the heck, might as well give KO Fight Gear a try.

I am glad I did.

The first thing you'll notice about the extra thick thai pads is.....well, the thickness.

You know how people have micro punch mitts and regular punch mitts? These thai pads make other thai pads look like micro thai pads. To give you an idea, here's how it measures up against a generic wallet:
2lwuj37.jpg

Another thing you'll notice is the material and craftsmanship.

For those of you that own Louis Vuitton or Chanel thai pads, you might be offended by the "messy" craftsmanship and dull leather. But for everyone else, take a look at these pictures:
sy41mo.jpg

15cjd69.jpg

This is a working man's thai pad. The studs and stitching aren't perfectly aligned. The leather isn't finished with oil and polished. But the stitching is tight and secure. The leather is supple and stiff enough for long term use. This is the type of craftsmanship and leather you find in durable handgun holsters.

These are heavy duty thai pads. I find that these cause more pain than 300lb heavy bags. In fact, part of my group's "initiation" is to kick these thai pads as hard as you can :icon_twis.

9 out of 10 people (literally) did the Peter Griffin
( YouTube - family guy: Ah SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ) after they kicked the thai pads.

These thai pads are also very heavy and cumbersome at first. So it's a workout for both the holder and the hitter. This also means that you can't do combination drills as quickly as you'd like, until you get accustomed to these thai pads.

Final verdict: Unless you can't handle the weight or hate plain jane designs, these are the best thai pads in the $80 price range.

I paid about $80 for this pair of thai pads. And to be honest, I felt like I paid Neil less than he deserved. Maybe I'll order a pair of focus mitts to make it up to him :icon_chee.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like a specific picture of the thai pads.

Yea,u were nice to him.It's good gear he does.And ref. the focus mitts,I own 3 pairs of the regular ones and 1 pair of the small curved ones....I like his stuff loads.

The Flat Focus Mitts are every bit as tough as what you are describing with the Thai Pads. A bit crude in construction but built like Tanks.
And they are Hard and can take Elbow Strikes.

Back