knife attack video

fluffball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Because Frode spends all day every day posting new MA videos, youtube recommended me this video. It's nothing special but I enjoyed it. My dad recently asked me about weapon defense and I told him if someone attacks you with a knife, it doesn't matter how well trained you are in any style, you need to expect to be cut badly.

I had a guy pull a survival knife on me once. The dude I was with who caused the pull never even saw it, but it was.... unnerving. There is something primally scary about a knife.

it doesn't matter how well trained you are in any style, you need to expect to be cut badly.

This.
I know a guy who trained and fought professionally in Muay Thai for several years. One time when out at night he got attack by a dude with a knife who wanted his watch and he decided to fight him instead of simply giving the watch. He managed to finish the guy after a bit of a struggle, however in the process he received career ending injuries to his hands, his arms and his back.

This.
I know a guy who trained and fought professionally in Muay Thai for several years. One time when out at night he got attack by a dude with a knife who wanted his watch and he decided to fight him instead of simply giving the watch. He managed to finish the guy after a bit of a struggle, however in the process he received career ending injuries to his hands, his arms and his back.

Martial arts have saved many lives. There's also a not so famous video around where a BJJ wrestles a gun away from a killer, BJJ guy gets shot but runs and survives the attack.

Personally I do Martial Arts because I love them. They make me confident, and they're the utmost basic level of self defense. But I don't rely on them for my all of my safety.

TS I hope this experience showed you a lesson. The lesson is carry your own weapon. The law isn't there to protect you, it's to protect the elites. Your life is worth it so protect it by any means necessary. Times are only getting more dangerous.

If not a gun, carry your very own hunting survival knife. Your martial arts experience literally multiplies the effect of your weapon.

Is that dimitri (spelling) who founded the senchido group?

My dad recently asked me about weapon defense and I told him if someone attacks you with a knife, it doesn't matter how well trained you are in any style, you need to expect to be cut badly.

True , but there are better or worse tactics and skillsets to use. Using close in wrestling or bjj grappling is insane. using MT clinch is just stupid. Using distance and "elusiveness" is risky, but atleast it gives you a chance to run away. Grabbing the knifearm and trying to controll it is very risky, but if you cannot run away, it may be the best out of several bad options if you can get the surprise advantage. Once the knife is out of the picture, then you can strangle him out, pin him or bobard him with elvbows however you wish.
If he has started going rapid stabby-stab on you, the only good option is machida elusiveness and stay the h*** out of range.
Whatever happens you will bleed. but a cut arm is preferable to a impaled liver or gut.

The morale is, your wallet is not worth the risk. Hand it over and live to be angry about it. If some madman just starts attacking, get away and run like .......
Or get a weapon of your own. But seriously, if you are likely enough to be attacked by a knifewielder that you need to go around armed, you need to change your life and/or place of residence.

You'll get cut. The goal is to not get stabbed.

Back