Knees over toes dude

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Been seeing a lot of YouTube shorts with this guy in them. Are ATG split squats really the magical elixir for the lower body? Has anyone tried any of his programs?

Don't really follow him but seen some quick vids training with others. His quad/knee warm up with backwards sled dragging will get the blood flowing. Tempo walking , not fast pace.

I like his free content and implemented some of it in my training. I have not bought any of his programs.

His programs aren't uniquely his. It's mostly rehashed Charles Poliquinn and compilation of a bunch of stuff that works. It's like old T nation stuff.. There are step ups too and other exercises. Most of his stuff has been around as early as the 50s-60s but he compiled it and made it easier for people to digest. I think it's in an app or PDF form. Other things that he implements in his program are like deep split squats, Nordic curls, sissy squats and other exercises you will find in a PT's office like the Poliquinn step up.

My only thing with him is that you might never reach the level of mobility as him. It takes years to reach the level of mobility he has reached. Sometimes you are just stuck within the progression of the program and be satisfied since it reduced knee pain. You are going to hurt yourself if you try to push too quickly. He only works with "good" athletes on those videos and he doesn't work with people with issues. I wouldn't recommend this program to non athletes. Some of it is applicable to everyone though. It just takes time to incorporate it into your training. You keep what is useful for you and discard the rest.

His programs aren't uniquely his. It's mostly rehashed Charles Poliquinn and compilation of a bunch of stuff that works. It's like old T nation stuff.. There are step ups too and other exercises. Most of his stuff has been around as early as the 50s-60s but he compiled it and made it easier for people to digest. I think it's in an app or PDF form. Other things that he implements in his program are like deep split squats, Nordic curls, sissy squats and other exercises you will find in a PT's office like the Poliquinn step up.

My only thing with him is that you might never reach the level of mobility as him. It takes years to reach the level of mobility he has reached. Sometimes you are just stuck within the progression of the program and be satisfied since it reduced knee pain. You are going to hurt yourself if you try to push too quickly. He only works with "good" athletes on those videos and he doesn't work with people with issues. I wouldn't recommend this program to non athletes. Some of it is applicable to everyone though. It just takes time to incorporate it into your training. You keep what is useful for you and discard the rest.

I'd say all of it is applicable to anyone as long as you regress the movement to your need and he is very clear about regressing everything to your needs and never feeling pain ever.

And achieving a full nordic curl or any of the other movements he does isn't necessarily the goal for everyone.

Just getting healthier knees with more strength and mobility. He's had videos up of 80 year olds partaking in the program. Doing backwards sled pulls at super light weights or very regressed knees over toes split squats for example.

Yes the exercises aren't some new type of never seen before movement but he has done a great job of illuminating how beneficial they can be for your knee health imo. Nobody was talking about this shit to this extent with this kind of reach before.

I'd say all of it is applicable to anyone as long as you regress the movement to your need and he is very clear about regressing everything to your needs and never feeling pain ever.

And achieving a full nordic curl or any of the other movements he does isn't necessarily the goal for everyone.

Just getting healthier knees with more strength and mobility. He's had videos up of 80 year olds partaking in the program. Doing backwards sled pulls at super light weights or very regressed knees over toes split squats for example.

Yes the exercises aren't some new type of never seen before movement but he has done a great job of illuminating how beneficial they can be for your knee health imo. Nobody was talking about this shit to this extent with this kind of reach before.
I am not saying his program is bad but not all of it is suitable for everyone. It definitely can be adapted for old folks but it would eliminate a chunk of the program. I bought someone a subscription to zero and it might not be good for normies with no training experience. Good athletes are successful because they know how to follow a program. That extra 45-60 mins might be too much for them. I will admit the team was kind of cool when I told them yea my relative couldn't do half the stuff on it properly. They just refunded the money after months of using the app without asking. In short the program wasn't bad but the coaching on the app isn't suitable for everyone. My suggestion is get the PDF and run a cycle of it. Pick out what is useful for you and what isn't.

Been seeing a lot of YouTube shorts with this guy in them. Are ATG split squats really the magical elixir for the lower body? Has anyone tried any of his programs?
He turned me on to the nordic curls and the reverse nordics. Those are both great exercises.

Are ATG split squats really the magical elixir for the lower body?

No. And anyone who asserts this is an idiot. You get a stronger lower body by ATG squatting with a narrow stance with both your legs.

Let‘s not nitpick the science and simply look at the end results. Outside of bodybuilders, which athletes in the world have the best thigh/leg development? Olympic weightlifters.

No. And anyone who asserts this is an idiot. You get a stronger lower body by ATG squatting with a narrow stance with both your legs.

Let‘s not nitpick the science and simply look at the end results. Outside of bodybuilders, which athletes in the world have the best thigh/leg development? Olympic weightlifters.
Who said anything about thigh development being the goal? He also programs ATG squats within his training and uses regression tools like slanted boards to get a full deep squat for everybody.

He has a cheap book on Amazon that covers most of his basic program and the app is pretty good from what I have been told in terms of personalized programming. Seems to be a good option if you have knee issues.

In all of my years of weightlifting and going to various gyms, the one constant is there will always be a guy who is super assertive about proper lifting methods... who doesn't know WTF he is talking about.

So, who here can do a nordic curl? Been working on one for a while. Definitely not easy. Reverse nordics I can do, but a full nordic, not yet.

So, who here can do a nordic curl? Been working on one for a while. Definitely not easy. Reverse nordics I can do, but a full nordic, not yet.
Whats the comparison with a glute/ham raise on the machine? Has to be a slight difference with knees flat on pad and knees braced by pad.
Takes a bit of slow decent to get the 1st one out the way, hams and everything behind knees has to loosen up . Then they'll start moving better each set.

Back