Knee Wraps/Sleeves - Benefits, Hindrances, etc.

DMSO will fix you up, I've been singing it's praises for years. Ibuprofin and DMSO + Cotton balls are a steel benders best friend.

DMSO will fix you up, I've been singing it's praises for years. Ibuprofin and DMSO + Cotton balls are a steel benders best friend.

Any particular brands? I see Tiger Balm has a liniment. Going to pick this up today, so any feedback is greatly appreciated :icon_chee

EDIT: Ahhh I guess you can just buy DMSO? Walmart has a page on its uses so I assume I can just grab a bottle of it :D NICE!

Get to a tractor supply and get the DMSO gel that is in little white tubs, usually costs about $4 or so, get some cotton balls and use it that way. If you get the liquid DMSO you gotta mix it 70% dmso and 30% distilled water, always clean the application area with a clean face cloth and hot water first, dry the area and apply, and make sure not to get anything on the area for a few hours afterward. Even soap will irritate the skin after that.

Get to a tractor supply and get the DMSO gel that is in little white tubs, usually costs about $4 or so, get some cotton balls and use it that way. If you get the liquid DMSO you gotta mix it 70% dmso and 30% distilled water, always clean the application area with a clean face cloth and hot water first, dry the area and apply, and make sure not to get anything on the area for a few hours afterward. Even soap will irritate the skin after that.

Hmmm I clearly need to do more research on this, didn't realize it was this involved. I shower immediately after lifting so this may not work out that well. Maybe a sleeve would be the better option for now.

Thanks for the info!

No, it really wouldn't. DMSO will fix you up if you use it right. I once got really really bad elbow tendonitis after putting a slight kink in a red nail reverse, I couldn't bend my arm for a few days. After using DMSO for a week, two applications a day and icing it was fine and I have never had a problem again.

Whilst this thread remains upon the surface, can anyone recommend me some knee sleeves that I can get hold of in the UK? I really don't know what I'm looking for when it comes to this. thanks in advance.

Does anyone have experience using sleeves with minor chondromalacia patella? I've never used any sleeves, but it seems like the pressure on the patella would make the condition worse. Are they tight enough to cause a problem?

Any other suggestions for keeping the knee area warm without affecting the patella? Perhaps a wrap with some compression bandages, avoiding the patella area?

Whilst this thread remains upon the surface, can anyone recommend me some knee sleeves that I can get hold of in the UK? I really don't know what I'm looking for when it comes to this. thanks in advance.

Rehband all the way...

Does anyone have experience using sleeves with minor chondromalacia patella? I've never used any sleeves, but it seems like the pressure on the patella would make the condition worse. Are they tight enough to cause a problem?

Any other suggestions for keeping the knee area warm without affecting the patella? Perhaps a wrap with some compression bandages, avoiding the patella area?

Ive seen knee sleeves with a hole in the middle;
7754 Knee Support Open Patella » Rehband International
"The knee support 7754 is specially developed for ambitious athletes with minor knee problems and pressure sensitive kneecaps. It helps to reduce pain caused by inflammation or overuse. It is the ideal companion for all ambitious athletes."

No idea how well they work.

No problem at all, you will probably only get the new line though...

Is that a bad thing...?? I may even end up just grabbing a nike sleeve from the local sports store or something yet, it's more of a preventative thing as I sometimes feel a slight twinge, but it's nothing jeopardizing...yet.

Many people like the old blue ones better, partly due to them being a little thicker, but I think it's mostly for fashion...We lifters are divas and sometimes it's hard to accept that good things change :D
I really like my new sleeves, there is nothing wrong with them at all!

Back