Kids MMA now in Missouri, Florida and California.

Finally some talent. Glad to see parents wanting to involve to their children hobby.

but I'm worried about that kid who said he wants to compete in the UFC... (well branding)

Little Joe Gonzalez is a beast for his age. Beating older kids up for a long time now, can't wait to see what he can do in a few years.

Hopefully USFL can make a play at Erick Silva and get some name recognition.

No head shots.

I actually like that. The only objection I would have had would be exposing kids to concussions and accumulated head trauma, but this actually seems safer than most contact sports.

Cool.

Injury data is tracking 15 injuries per 1000 exposures. Zero concussions have been reported within this study under the direction of Dr. James Andrews, world renown Sport Medicine authority. We are hoping for a published report on safety this year.

I actually don't support this at all. Really weird to me.

“No matter what don’t cry dog”. I can see this getting out of control quickly. IMO the head gear isn’t padded enough and the gloves need more padding. I also hope the refs are razor sharp with stopping these matches ASAP if they even detect a kid is in trouble regardless what their psychotic parents think.

whatever happened to those 2 kids on the tapout commercial like 7 years ago

Am I the only one worried about those children, who want to be UFC fighters when they grow up, instead of NFL, MLB or NBA players. Or even Nascar drivers!

If lil football is fine, then kids MMA should be fine too. Especially if they forbid head shots.

Seems stupid as hell. If I'm gonna expose my kids to head trauma and concussions I'd put them in football or boxing. At least with those sports if they made it big it'd pay for the medical bills.

Ppl READ before commentating lmfao what idiots.

How do you get concussions with NO HEAD SHOTS OF ANY KIND allowed?

This is fine it' actually been around for a while I've read about kids mma a few years ago in fighters only magazine.

If these kids are participating in mma and these groups of kids don’t get together and hit each other in the head them what the fuck is wrong with these kids.

Im from cobra kai so this is just ridiculous to me.

I hate to break it to this guy in the video but these kids aren’t going to be next level when they’re adults. Ie another “new breed”
Fighting arts and kids isn’t a new thing.

How could you go your whole life fighting without punching at your opponents head or getting punched yourself and think your going to the ufc.
A jack of all trades and master of none isn’t a great thing.

Sounds like a whole lifetime of bad habits to remove if these kids are serious about this.

I would like to see a reality check type video in 10 years.

Maybe in the future all mma can be like this. And eventually turned into a debate type format instead of any fighting at all.
That way anyone can be a cage fighter and it will be more acceptable in society.

One dad says. “ he’s not my son. He’s my partner”

Joseph Morales, Aaron Pico, Angela Lee, Christian Lee and Brian Ortega are all current UFC, Bellator and One fighters who started as as kids. There are dozens more young pros ready to make their move to a major promotion before their 21st birthday, mainly because their youth MMA/Pankration experience.

The fact that kids can now get the experience of 50 plus fights before they turn 18 with little or no wear and tear speaks for itself. By the time they come of age, those who have a chance to make it in the big leagues will know it, and those who don't can step aside with the benefit of participating in this sport before they obtain the chronic injuries and other issues associated with MMA.

If there's NO HEADSHOTS, then what's the big deal?

Little kids already do plenty of this in competitive Wrestling and no-gi BJJ.

Getting punched on kicked in the legs and body, are not that big of a deal. What's really worrisome are the leg locks, if they're legal.

Back