Kids MMA gaining strength in California

socalpankration

FIGHTLEAGUE.ORG
@Blue
Reaction score

Since becoming a regulated activity, the State of California held 327 youth bouts. Of the 654 athletic exposures only 11 received injuries. A broken arm, fractured finger and clavicle being the most serious of the 11 injuries. No concussions were detected by the ringside physicians who evaluate each fighter pre and post bout. Coaches are required to complete a criminal background check and pass online exams pertaining to health and safety. Fighters must provide proof of age. complete and annual sports physical as well as pre and post bout medical evaluations.

Professional fighters like Aaron Pico, Joseph Morales, Angelo Trevino, Christian and Angela Lee started fighting in the USFL as children, now as a regulated sport with many more competition opportunities 13 years olds of today will have 50 plus youth bouts before their first adult amateur match.

Theis video is from one of the USFL promoters in Sacramento.

As long as they don't allow hitting the head, I'm fine with kids starting at such a young age.

Was fun to see the kid in black apologizing for the accidental kick on the chin. Seems like fun for the kids.

im starting to throw kids mmatournaments and adults its sad there is no minor league mma for adults its on bjj mats with head gear shin guards mma training gloves they can do everything but knees elbowsand leg locks

we need kids doing mma its gonna die you need to bring them up slow thats why russia is dominating due to its sambo fights they wrestle then get into sambo then mma so thats alotttt of experience guys who wana do mma now only have bjj tournaments to get warmed up or amateur boxing but its not the same this way they can basically do everything u can in a fight but they have head gear shin guards and mma padded gloves they get 25 seconds to work on the ground and if they pass to mount side or back they get to hold it till the guy escapes then they get stood up 2 minute rounds 2 rounds for kids

Kid foghts is the way to go. Russia and Thailand produce beasts that way.

Man... I don't know how I feel about this, especially being in the sac area.

My kid would have to really really show me that's what they would want to do and even then I might still hold off, plus what about those crazy ass parents that force the kids into this shit. I've seen some crazy, super aggro dad's in softball and the girls where only 7 years old and reminded me of my high school football coach cussing us out.

Back