Kickboxing Shorts?

Dougall

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm looking for kickboxing shorts with the split on the outside leg, or a large cutout in the same area. Similar to those shown below on Holzken.
Karapetyan-vs-Holzken.jpg

I prefer them longer than thai shorts with no thai writing on the front. I've been using a few pairs of grappling shorts for training as they have the same cuts, but id prefer some with a proper elastic waist . I find this kind of short doesnt catch on my thinh as often as normal ones do and they allow me to kick more freely.
If anyone knows where shorts like these are available let me know.
On another note, what type of shorts do you wear? Have you ever had the problem of shorts being restrictive on high kicks? If so how did you fix it?

On another note, what type of shorts do you wear? Have you ever had the problem of shorts being restrictive on high kicks? If so how did you fix it?

Well, Thai shorts are the best for that but if you don't like that style, and want longer ones, you may want to try any type but in a larger size so they wont "catch" your thighs. I've trained with any kind of shorts, I've found that other than the Thai ones, large light basket ball shorts did a great job of not restricting my movement.
Strangely, some MMA ones I have, are not that great for high kicks, but they don't have the cut on the side.
Some boxing ones are OK.
But in the end, i think you just want regular KB shorts with a cut to the side... Wont be hard to find in specialized shops...

Well, Thai shorts are the best for that but if you don't like that style, and want longer ones, you may want to try any type but in a larger size so they wont "catch" your thighs. I've trained with any kind of shorts, I've found that other than the Thai ones, large light basket ball shorts did a great job of not restricting my movement.
Strangely, some MMA ones I have, are not that great for high kicks, but they don't have the cut on the side.
Some boxing ones are OK.
But in the end, i think you just want regular KB shorts with a cut to the side... Wont be hard to find in specialized shops...

I thought these were kinda a cool idea for the MMA type scene were most guys want their shorts at or below the knees. Looks like you can have long shorts and still move.

they are called Thaibrid, like hybrid shorts

http://www.mmauniverse.com/fight-wear/mma-gear-thai-brid-neo-mma-shorts/

mjntiky31kl__59773.1499077517.1280.1280.jpg

50ngmgcdg3m__29916.1499073611.876.976.jpg

@shincheckin

Thanks man, dint know about those. If i ever saw them, i would probably have mistaken them for some kind of boxing or K-boxing shorts.

After some googling, I've found lots of variations... (had to go pass through the Thai BRIDE suggestions)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back