Khamzat could miss weight at middleweight

I think it would be funny if Khamzat missed weight at middleweight, and this is not necessarily an unlikely outcome either.

Anthony Johnson was forced to move up from welterweight, and famously missed weight in his first middleweight bout by 12 pounds! Obviously I don't expect Khamzat to miss weight by that much, but I wouldn't be surprised if he bulks up too much and over-estimates his ability to cut weight. I could easily see Khamzat walking around at 210-215, and failing to cut down to the 185 mark.

This sounds more like you're hoping he misses weight.
BTW, Rumble (R.I.P) was naturally a bigger thicker guy than Khamzat, so that's a bad comparison.

Him and Costa are not reliable, both of them. Just weigh whatever and fight I say. I can say this now.. I'm not expecting anything to go smoothly with these 2 involved, I'm fully expecting some "mysterious" reasons as to why they are out to break between now and the fight. Lets see, but I'm not hopeful. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they are making the octagon walks and the fight is happening. Until I see the octagon walks I'll not get overly hyped for this fight. I'm too long in the tooth lol

You're not too long in the tooth sir, you're too long in your pants.... that's the rumor anyway ;)

Not in Abu Dhabi

The Abu Dhabi "Commission."

pGpzBs.gif

I once missed weight by 40 lbs
I did that once. I quit the wrestling team on the scale in my senior year. Motherfuckers wanted me to cut down 38 pounds to get down to 182... as a 6'1" 220 pound high school kid with a 10% BF. I ignored him and showed up at 220 on the dot. Told him I don't fucking starve for no one.

I did that once. I quit the wrestling team on the scale in my senior year. Motherfuckers wanted me to cut down 38 pounds to get down to 182... as a 6'1" 220 pound high school kid with a 10% BF. I ignored him and showed up at 220 on the dot. Told him I don't fucking starve for no one.

That's the Spirit Illuminati!

Khamzat will probably make weight fairly easily and weigh about 200-205 in the cage. Costa will probably have a rough cut and weigh 215 in the cage.

And then Khamzat will sprint full force and KO a gassed Costa within 10 minutes.
If Costa comes in the same shape we saw versus Rockhold, I completely agree with you (assuming Khamzat makes weight and isn't drained himself, of course).

Sure you did

Back