Khamzat could miss weight at middleweight

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think it would be funny if Khamzat missed weight at middleweight, and this is not necessarily an unlikely outcome either.

Anthony Johnson was forced to move up from welterweight, and famously missed weight in his first middleweight bout by 12 pounds! Obviously I don't expect Khamzat to miss weight by that much, but I wouldn't be surprised if he bulks up too much and over-estimates his ability to cut weight. I could easily see Khamzat walking around at 210-215, and failing to cut down to the 185 mark.

I think it would be funny if Khamzat missed weight at middleweight, and this is not necessarily an unlikely outcome either.

Anthony Johnson was forced to move up from welterweight, and famously missed weight in his first middleweight bout by 12 pounds! Obviously I don't expect Khamzat to miss weight by that much, but I wouldn't be surprised if he bulks up too much and over-estimates his ability to cut weight. I could easily see Khamzat walking around at 210-215, and failing to cut down to the 185 mark.
Apparently you don’t understand where the fight is taking place?

A Muslim fighter missing weight on Yas Island will happen right around the time Hell freezes over.

Been saying this is going to be a SHW fight for months.

Him and Costa are not reliable, both of them. Just weigh whatever and fight I say. I can say this now.. I'm not expecting anything to go smoothly with these 2 involved, I'm fully expecting some "mysterious" reasons as to why they are out to break between now and the fight. Lets see, but I'm not hopeful. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they are making the octagon walks and the fight is happening. Until I see the octagon walks I'll not get overly hyped for this fight. I'm too long in the tooth lol

Wasn't he like 198 in jeans or something when he grappled Hermansson? It does not seems like that much of a cut to 185.

Him and Costa are not reliable, both of them. Just weigh whatever and fight I say. I can say this now.. I'm not expecting anything to go smoothly with these 2 involved, I'm fully expecting some "mysterious" reasons as to why they are out to break between now and the fight. Lets see, but I'm not hopeful. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they are making the octagon walks and the fight is happening. Until I see the octagon walks I'll not get overly hyped for this fight. I'm too long in the tooth lol

Yeah, let them fight at anyweight

Let them juice "Secretly"

Let them cook

let-them-fight.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Holy shit buddy, i'd guess you work for a mainstream media company or something with that alarmism. The guy missed weight one time in a fight that had no rationale to begin with. I guarantee Nate Diaz wasn't disappointed.

Costa missed weight by 20lbs against Vettori.

Let's be more concerned about him making MW rather than Khamzat

That's still a twist of the facts right there, he messed up fight week big time no doubt but he didn't miss weight by 20 lbs.

The fight was designated a LHW bout prior to him even stepping on the scale, it's not like he weighed in at 200+ lbs for a MW fight lol.

That's still a twist of the facts right there, he messed up fight week big time no doubt but he didn't miss weight by 20 lbs.

The fight was designated a LHW bout prior to him even stepping on the scale, it's not like he weighed in at 200+ lbs for a MW fight lol.
Vettori stated Costa couldn't even make 198lbs.

I'm not the one twisting facts here lol

Quote from Vettori:
"I came in ready to make weight, ready to make 185 as always. A little bit after they tell me Costa's overweight. First they tried to 190, then 190 wasn't enough so 195. Then 198,"

"195 was good and we signed a contract to fight at 195. Now he comes on and says 195 he can't make it, so we're up to 205.
He was supposed to fight at 185lbs, but only got as low as 204.5lbs.

Last edited:
Khamzat will probably make weight fairly easily and weigh about 200-205 in the cage. Costa will probably have a rough cut and weigh 215 in the cage.

And then Khamzat will sprint full force and KO a gassed Costa within 10 minutes.

Back