Media Khamzat Chimaev currently weighs 217 lbs

Will Khamzat ever fight at welterweight again?

• Total voters
While I’m a fan of both, truth be told that I’m glad that I won’t have to see these two face off, it would’ve been a great fight. Khamzat had a title shot handed to him and pulled a Gastelum, he literally ate himself out of the opportunity and weightclass. That being said unlike Gas, the rumors are Khazmat trains so hard that it’s near impossible for him to control his appetite.

Shavkat is huge, but I doubt that he ever has any type of diet discipline issues, the man is a picture of stoic hard worker with ice in his veins. If they fought IMO Khamzat would dominate the wrestling early, maybe able to hurt Shavkat on the ground, but unable to find the finish. Shavkat would then put the pace on a drained Chimaev and drown him in the deeper water, Shavkat by TKO.
I don't even think Khamzat comes close to dominating anything wrestling Shavkat. He has better wrestling than Burns and Khamzat couldn't do anything with little ole Brurns.

Bones can´t run away this time

I don't even think Khamzat comes close to dominating anything wrestling Shavkat. He has better wrestling than Burns and Khamzat couldn't do anything with little ole Brurns.
Khamzat would give Shavkat another L, no doubt about it

And is only a contender at 170lbs. He hasn’t done anything to prove he’s a 185lb contender.

giphy.gif

Lmao @ a sub 265 being "big"

they let manlets on sherdog now

Can’t wait for this Chechen tomato can to miss weight and get cut.

He won't make 170. He exercises too much and right now this bulking only serves him to add more muscle. It's a shame because he won't do that well in MW.

Khamzat vs. Fastelum at 195 Franklinweight when both miss 170 again....badly.

Not much surprise there. I think a lot of WW's walk around in that 195 to 210 area quite often.

I think personally with his body size he should just fight MW. Can he make WW sure, but I don't think his heart is into that side of the sport to be that discipline on the weight side so why fight it.

I can't wait until Khamzat fights some good 185lb guys and proves to be pretty mediocre.

Last edited:
Back