Khabib vs. RDA was insane. GIFS of takedowns

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I watched it again because I wanted to see what I thought of RDA in this fight. Aside from the times that he was getting smothered RDA looked pretty good. Just have to deal with that Sambo....

This last one in particular made me gasp because RDA decided to shoot for a take down instead of letting Khabib get him down again. Crazy how Khabib could take that position and turn it into yet another take down. I think RDA is better at this point for various reasons but I really don't know if he will be able to take this guy even now. I will root for Khabib as long as he can stay healthy because it would be awesome to see him fight Conor. I wonder how Dana would feel if Conor got rag dolled like this an entire fight.
tumblr_n4bmo6BZOV1qa9yvvo2_400.gif

Khabib hasn't fought for a long time. We can assume he will not be the same because his whole game is based on wrestling and that's what a ACL injury will ruin.

But if he does, great.

Khabib...The Forgotten One...Nurmagomedov

khabib doesnt look the greatest trying to close distance so he could get KO'ed by connie

I really hope this kind of skill doesn't get forever wasted due to injuries...

khabib doesnt look the greatest trying to close distance so he could get KO'ed by connie

Definitely a possibility. But if Khabib gets any kind of ground work in it could wear Conor down and make him a bit less dangerous on the feet.

Outside of a perfectly timed flying knee, I don't see how Barboza can stop the takedown.

I also believe Khabib only needs one takedown per round. Working with guys like DC, Khabib has improved his ability to hold someone down and not let them up. He had no problem holding down Michael Johnson and smashed him while talking shit the whole time.

I predict Khabib takes Barboza down at will and finishes him on the ground in the 2nd

Very interested to see how he looks after the lay off. Hopefully he can return 100% healthy and not go the Shogun route..

"God only made one thing perfect, and that's my MMA record." - Khabib

Outside of a perfectly timed flying knee, I don't see how Barboza can stop the takedown.

I also believe Khabib only needs one takedown per round. Working with guys like DC, Khabib has improved his ability to hold someone down and not let them up. He had no problem holding down Michael Johnson and smashed him while talking shit the whole time.

I predict Khabib takes Barboza down at will and finishes him on the ground in the 2nd
I agree that if Khabib does get him down he can likely keep him down. However, I don't think barboza is going to be that easy to takedown.

Barboza, ferg, and conor would all piece Khabib up on the feet. I don't think one takedown attempt is going to be enough to get any of them down either.

Barboza is going to be the most dangerous to shoot on. Ferg most capable of doing work of his back. Conor will have the best chance to KO him quickly before he even gets the takedown.

There's some tough fights coming for Khabib I think

Khabib is a beast. I want to see him fight for the title already.

I also believe Khabib only needs one takedown per round. Working with guys like DC, Khabib has improved his ability to hold someone down and not let them up.

In the past, when guys had been getting up after his TDs, they just were getting thrown again.

Guy is just a nightmare once he get's a good grip on you.

Denying him said good grip is the only solution - people really need to study Tibau's fight, and Woodley fights, backing up intelligently seems to be best option.

Back