Khabib vs GSP? What do you think?

Also, gsp has some of the best tdd and one of best have seen at mma grappling. So even if it goes to ground.......... standing khabib is not close.

If only Gsp had the balls. No, he'd rather try to get a fight with another LW, Conor, because he would actually be able to L&P him.

Khabib would decimate him. Khabib is way better on the ground than gsp. Georges would have a huge advantage in agility and striking but then again he never uses that so Khabib would man handle him on the ground and pound him to dust imo.
GSP had (not sure if he does now), the best wrestling in MMA. I am not sure anyone short of Maia decimates him on the ground. He is so strong and athletic and he takes down everyone, Once on top, he is a bitch to get off. He would also be bigger than Khabib no matter what he says. I imagine he would fight at 185 to 190 and Khabib probably fights in the lower 170's
GSP is after belts or big money fights, neither of which Khabib offers right now.
Maybe Khabib should move up? Whatever he is doing isn't working and maybe he'd be more durable if he weren't cutting so much weight.

GSP is more active retired than Khabib is as a ranked fighter ffs

At least GSP is trying to fight

I'd love to see it in the modern era. The current version of GSP is very battle worn. Khabib might be able to make it a good fight.

Gsp too fast.
Khabib is like nick without boxing

People in this thread forget how exposed GSP was by the time he lost to Hendricks. Khabib just needs to get around the jab and he owns.

People in this thread forget how exposed GSP was by the time he lost to Hendricks. Khabib just needs to get around the jab and he owns.
People saying GSP is better on the ground are flat wrong. GSP is a top fighter. Khabib is a world Sambo champion... Jesus Christ guys. Got me replying to my own posts and shit

Are we talking 2008-2011 GSP? Cause if so then George will 50-45 him. Right now? Who knows Geoege has been gone for long and didnt look great when he left so hes a complete wild card now.

People saying GSP is better on the ground are flat wrong. GSP is a top fighter. Khabib is a world Sambo champion... Jesus Christ guys. Got me replying to my own posts and shit
Gsp beat Jake shields who is better on the ground than anyone khabib has fought... Or am I wrong . Khabib is severely overrated

I think so too. But GSP would just keep the fight standing like he did against Kos.

People in this thread also conveniently forget that Hendricks has never looked better than in that fight, and despite proposing the idea, conveniently balked at stricter testing (even if it was free). People also seem to forget how shitty and unreliable Hendricks has been since USADA became involved. GSP would bust Khabib up with the jab within two rounds. GSP fights disciplined, has a much higher fight IQ and can stick to a gameplan.

GSP had exceptional top control and fought plenty of fighters with better grappling/wrestling pedigrees than him. Not to mention that Khabib's striking is atrocious compared to GSP's, and he relies more on clinchwork and trips and throws to get the takedowns. GSP moves in and out better, has better footwork, and his TDD came from strong hips and his agility.

Even years removed, I would still favour GSP over Khabib. Prime GSP would absolutely dominate him.

GSP by, has actually fought and beat the best in his division for a long, long, time and unless he has lost two steps, and Khabib actually shows up in perfect health and gets lucky, GSP wins all day, everyday.

How is this a question? A one dimensional guy thats fought 90% cans his entire career vs one of the most versatile and dominate fighters in history. Unless GSP is a shell of his former self, it's 5 rounds of Khabib eating jabs.

How is this a question? A one dimensional guy thats fought 90% cans his entire career vs one of the most versatile and dominate fighters in history. Unless GSP is a shell of his former self, it's 5 rounds of Khabib eating jabs.
Perfectly said... lol khabib a 155 pounder destroying the greatest welterweight of all time

Back