Khabib vs Fergusson is probably the best LW fight ever

Most anticipated...sure.

How can you say its the best fight when it hasn't happened yet?

Great fight but Benson & maybe Edgar would handle any of these two.

In two years time when these two have lost a few/"been exposed" threads like this will be embarrassing.

The game has evolved let's look previous LW champions

Jean Pulver - No comments
Sean Shrek - Good fighter but nowhere the level of Khabib or Fergusson
Bj Penn - Great fighter in his prime, but he was never up to this standard
Edgar - Great Fighter but same than BJ Penn also too small, Khabib and Fergusson are gigantic LW
Ben Henderson - Good fighter but not at Khabib and Fergie level
Rafael dos Anjos - Beaten by both already
Eddie Alvarez - Good fighter but not elite
Connor - Well we know what will happen if he fights a elite grappler.
Gomi in his prime would probably iced most of those dudes

Absolutely.

Prime Gomi was chocked out by definition of mma mediocrity in one round and then won a split decision vs him in return fight. Many give Conor shit for losing to Nate but at least when Nate shows up he shows signs of brilliance in his performances.
Sherk was a good fighter but his resume is not on par with the other greats. Great record and all but imo Khabib and especially Ferguson pass him by a mile.

Although I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of either, I'm super stoked about this one because these 2 are the definitive top dawgs in the division. I'm stuck at near 50/50 on who wins. You've got the undefeated juggernaut in Khabib who I'd give the advantages in wrestling, durability, ground-and-pound, and strength. On the other hand you have a more versatile and dangerous scrapper like El Cucuy who I'd give the advantages in striking on the feet, height/reach, submissions, and cardio. Both guys are supremely confident. On paper, I'd lean towards Khabib, but Ferguson is unpredictably dangerous.

I think Ben Henderson would decision both these guys.

Sean Sherk was 34-2-1 when he fought BJ, with his only losses coming to the 2 best WW's ever (Hughes and St. Pierre), and he held the LW Title. You're right, he's no where even near Khabib or Tony.

Amen, the constant shitting on sherk is ridiculous revisionist history.

He has 4 losses: Hughes, GSP, Penn and Frankie. Oh no, what a let down.

I don't know about the best, but it's a good fight for this generation of LWs. Definitely excited, but I predict it going similiar to a Maia vs Brown fight in a sense that Khabib will likely control Ferguson on the ground. Anything can happen though. If Ferguson can prevent the TD or at the very least prevent being held down, then the fight may lean towards his favor.

It's definitely one of the highest level fights ever.

As for being exciting, I'll wait till I see it.
I thought Rashad/Rampage would be exciting, and also Condit/Diaz.

Prime Gomi was chocked out by definition of mma mediocrity in one round and then won a split decision vs him in return fight.
Marcus Aurelio has never been finished though, that makes him a god. Plus half his decision losses are split decisions!

INVINCIBLE.

It's easily my most anticipated fight in the last 2 or even 3 years.

I'm still anticipating a last minute injury or other setback. Every time I see a headline about the fight I get a heart attack

I don't know about the best, but it's a good fight for this generation of LWs. Definitely excited, but I predict it going similiar to a Maia vs Brown fight in a sense that Khabib will likely control Ferguson on the ground. Anything can happen though. If Ferguson can prevent the TD or at the very least prevent being held down, then the fight may lean towards his favor.

I like the eagle, and dislike funguson, however your analogy is horribly flawed.
Khabib is not as good as maia at controlling his opponents, and brony is much better than braun at grappling.

Top 3 excitement for me alongside Jones vs Cormier and Aldo vs McGregor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back