Khabib vs Ferguson wasn't even a great fight

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. It was a good matchup. But everyone on here was treating it like it was most anticipated fight of all time. We should be getting a fight or 2 of this quality on every PPV. I think people were blown away by this fight because the PPV before it was 145 lb womens and the PPV after it is 135 lb womens. 221 was Romero vs Rockhold and 225 is Romero vs Whittaker. All are great fights. But again, like Tony vs Khabib, is that even the "real" title? I have no idea.

Even if it wasn't for a title it would be a great fight.

You're right it was awful.

So bad I can't even remember it.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Don’t post about this fight ever again. My heart can’t take it.

Just another thinly veiled Conor nuthugger thread.

You're crazy OP, the style matchup of Ferg & Khabib is one for the ages.

Your kung fu is weak.

It would have been a great fight between 2 top LW in the world. I don’t care about PPV numbers, i just wanted to see these 2 finally go at it.

Still mad at Tony for the way he hurt himself. Damn.

Its a great matchup. Tell me what other current fights in UFC would be better?. I can't think of many.

I realize that we may never actually see this fight, and I have come to accept that in my mind, BUT if it did ever happen for real then I'm certain it would be very entertaining.

Its a great matchup. Tell me what other current fights in UFC would be better?. I can't think of many.

I realize that we may never actually see this fight, and I have come to accept that in my mind, BUT if it did ever happen for real then I'm certain it would be very entertaining.
Cormier vs Miocic. That's one of the best fights the UFC has ever put on.

it was a good matchup but not a great fight?

200w_d.gif

It a very anticipated fight because of the amount of times it's been cancelled.

This thread is not great, that’s for sure. Hell its not even good.

Last edited:
Both fighters are on very long win streaks in the most competitive division in the UFC, when the fight was booked Ferguson won 10 in a row and Khabib 9 in a row, now they're both at 10 wins in a row. If you dont think that's a great match up, you're kind of fooling yourself, how many fighters can you name at all with 10 fight win streaks in the lightweight division? I don't know what you're watching the sport for but too me this fight was greatly anticipated.

Some people were saying it was one of the greatest match ups of all time, or at least in light weight history, so I agree, it was a little over blown. But not as much as you’re saying. It was the two best (active) fighters in the toughest division, one of them 25-0, both are fun to watch fight (well, kind of, Khabib only is when he is wrecking and finish people on the ground), one is a G&P machine and the other doesn’t have great takedown defense but is a submission wizard so it would be a compelling ground fight which is rare in the UFC these days, and it was for a belt that hasn’t been defended in two years. It made for a pretty damn good fight.

Back