News Khabib vs. Ferguson Official For April 18th in Brooklyn (Mega)

Who Wins?

• Khabib Nurmagomedov

• Tony Ferguson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I understand. Kevin Lee was 9-1 when he faced Tony, Cerrone 6-4, RDA 8-2, All three had winning records in their last 10 fights before Tony. And dont forget undefeated 8-0 Lando.
Kevin Lee fight was over 2 years ago. Cowboy has lost 6 of his last 10, Pettis has lost 6 of his last 10, so Lee who has lost 60 percent of his last 5 is Tony’s best win in years the other fights were before that. That is my point.

Kevin Lee fight was over 2 years ago. Cowboy has lost 6 of his last 10, Pettis has lost 6 of his last 10, so Lee who has lost 60 percent of his last 5 is Tony’s best win in years the other fights were before that. That is my point.
Cowboy and Lee were beasts coming in to the fight.

Cowboy and Lee were beasts coming in to the fight.
I like Lee and agree he is a beast but who did he beat ? He beat one recognizable name Michael Chiesa and lost to Raging Al . That doesn’t make him a quality opponent compared to Dustin , Conor or quite frankly Al.

Tony is overrated at all. If anything hes an all time great and doesnt get the respect he deserves.
Im not sure how he handles Khabib but I dont think its an easy fight for either one of them. I do love watching Tonys workouts, but he has no idea how to do a deadlift it scares me

You should go train some grappling/ jiujitsu so you wouldnt sound like a clueless noob. See noob, grappling is about controlling space and position. Khabib is a master of that. He will be in a position where Tony wont have any space to throw elbows from the bottom because Khabib will insist on only working from half guard.

Seriously anyone who thinks Tony will win by elbowing Khabib of all people from the bottom just exposes themselves as a clueless noob who has never trained.
Try bringing up that you “train” one or two more times in your next post.

Tony is overrated at all. If anything hes an all time great and doesnt get the respect he deserves.
Im not sure how he handles Khabib but I dont think its an easy fight for either one of them. I do love watching Tonys workouts, but he has no idea how to do a deadlift it scares me
Tony is a all time great LW in much the same way John Fitch was a all time great WW but unfortunately both were overshadowed by the Goat that fought at the same time .

" i'm just gonna let everyone know i'm either a shitposter or an actual dumbass "

The thing which made Tony so great will hurt him here. Tony came down with a severe case of Hendonitis, which is when a wrestler neglects their wrestling to work on stand up and ends up getting out grappled by the likes of strikers like Anthony Pettis. Now, more than ever, he will need his wrestling, but it has been put aside for so long that it will not be good enough. Tony is also very creative but can get sloppy, and against Khabib the slightest mistakes will be capitalized on an result in his downfall. It's one thing to be all creative and out of the box vs Lando, but against Khabib, you are getting the smesh machine.

Just like people said Aldo would leg kick Conor to death, the fallacy that Tony will elbow Khabib into submission from the bottom is fake news and makes no sense from a technical standpoint. Khabib will not give him the opportunity or space, and overtime Tony tries something, Khabib will just further advance his position. I'd love Tony to win, but I really think this fight should be -2000 for Khabib. I've long been saying Tony will be one of his easiest match ups to date.
You are underestimating his chokes and BJJ.

And he tagged him REPEDADLY. The spinning elbow is there all night for Tony. Khabib is good at covering his head with his hands. He did it against a lefty in Michael Johnson. He did it against Dustin, who is orthodox (right handed). Tony switches stances constantly. Khabib will eat elbows from angles he never saw possible.

Khabib also fought a similar striker to Tony in Kamal Shalorus. He dropped him.

And he tagged him REPEDADLY. The spinning elbow is there all night for Tony. Khabib is good at covering his head with his hands. He did it against a lefty in Michael Johnson. He did it against Dustin, who is orthodox (right handed). Tony switches stances constantly. Khabib will eat elbows from angles he never saw possible.

You have a limited concept of Khabib and Cerrone's fighting styles.

Delete this post, immediately

Tony is going to be exhausted by round 2 from being taken down and ridden around the octagon like a pony. From then on it's only a matter of time until he gives up. I predict at least one 10-8 round...maybe more.

How can you make such a random comparison?

Just sherdog things I guess.

Do you really think that Khabib will stand and bang with Tony? are you trolling or just plain dense?

The only thing Khabib and Cowboy have in common is Tony will try to sucker punch both in the nose long after the bell ending round 1. After that Tony is going to have something in common with Dustin exclaiming “ I can’t effing get him off me” before he taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back